Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Beretta 1935 Which Side of Tang 4UT?

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  kanister 
#1 ·
All, I am looking at pictures of a very nice Beretta Model 1935 with a 1944 manufacture date (535xxx). I am accustomed to seeing the “4UT” on the left side of the tang. On this one, the left side of tang is clean of markings, but the right side of the tang has the “4UT” marking. Is this “normal”? Was this mark sometimes on the left and sometimes on the right?

JGW

#8 ·
I've seen tang markings of all sorts on either side of the tang of Berettas, I wouldn't be too concerned about any I see on the "wrong" side unless something else seems off.

Reactions: JGW
#10 ·
Good evening,
I am new to the site and I found this post.
I try to explain myself but my English is that of a machine translation, I write from Italy.
4UT was the stamp of Fourth technical office (4 Ufficio Tecnico) was the office that during the German occupation of Italy (September 1943/April 1945) controlled Beretta production for the Wermacht, is a gun produced for Nazi.
The 1944 production also confirms that it is a weapon of the Nazi occupation era.
Here they are collectible and are worth about twice as much as a Beretta 35 ww 2 Italian army.
If I can I attach the site of a similar gun on sale now.
Pistola Beretta mod. 1935 cal. 7,65 mm Anno 1944 IV° Ufficio Tecnico - Gun Store Bunker
Regards
Carlo

#11 ·
Carlo, sorry but I can't agree with you.

4UT was an Italian office that tested and accepted military items well before the Germans occupied Italy on September 1943. After they went on their work not only for the Germans but also for Italian Armed forces to whom most of the production went. Germans only established to what factory the rave materials had to be consigned and then to whom the product had to be delivered
So the "Nazi production" is only a tale.
And remember that a Model 1935 of the R.A. is worth much more than a 4UT: my last 4UT follewed me only tto home for 100 euro.

#12 ·
Good evening,
I take note of Kanister’s corrections and thank him, I am here to learn caution as well.
On the economic side I agree less. I recently bought a Walther mod. 9 more than good for 100 € but I do not think that for this is their market value.
Greetings
Carlo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.