Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking around for an artillery luger after market (or original if one can be found) stock. These are what i found, Anyone have any personal recommendations? I'm after one that looks good, has good build quality, and is the most legit reproduction (or original too of course).

These are what i found:

This one is interesting as they artificially age it to make it look correct:
https://www.cmrfirearms.com/pistols...ard-luger-artillery-shoulder-stock-p-623.html

RIA:
https://www.ima-usa.com/products/german-wwi-artillery-luger-holster-and-wood-stock-rig-set

Lugerman (this one is expensive... is it worth it?)
https://lugerman.com/product/artillery-luger-stock-rig/

Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Artilery-Holster-shoulder-NORTHRIDGE-INTERNATIONAL/dp/B00DAILMSS

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
10,302 Posts
There are pitfalls..you might have to work the iron to fit on any of these. Or an original too for that matter. If you get just a stock, say CMR what about the rest of it you will want or need eventually?
Lugermans offering looks the most authentic at first glance..looking at the front of the double mag pouch construction. But then if you look close..it's all cheesy crap.
Save your money and get an original stock to start unless your Artillery pistol is a Japanese toy. An original is a genuine investment and maintains value. A cheap cheesy rig is a depreciating item. The worst thing about junk is you will have to look at it every time you open your safe.

·
10,302 Posts
Harry is on to something..it's an Odin. The Spanish made stocks Mauser had made when they were selling Luger's in the 70's. I have several of these in the Navy version for my navy shooters. These are the best Luger stock on the repro market.

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Ditto to Harry and Jerry, the Odin stocks are the best repros to be had. I keep Odin Artillery and Navy stocks on hand to display my respective Lugers when I don't want to put up the whole gun/holster/stock rig.
Ron

·
Registered
211 Posts
I can third the Odin repro stocks. I have one for my refinished, shooter arty and it works just fine for its purpose.

·
Super Moderator
4,117 Posts
The Odin stocks are nice. Odin even managed to piss off Interarms by allowing Odin to market them with a Mauser reference.

40b.jpg

40a.jpg

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can third the Odin repro stocks. I have one for my refinished, shooter arty and it works just fine for its purpose.
Thanks for this suggestion. I saw this but didnt know enough about them to warrant $300 for a stock with no strap/holster included.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
There are plenty of original stocks around, and at prices not much higher than the Odin repro.
Just look at the online auctions and sellers; you will have to be patient for a good price though.

You just bought an original Navy marked Artillery luger, and spent a lot of $$.
I would not go cheap Charlie on the stock, just be patient and buy an original. JMHO.

·
10,302 Posts
There are plenty of original stocks around, and at prices not much higher than the Odin repro Let me go on record as a ready buyer for any and all Original stocks at prices not much higher than the Odin. Step over to the pay window please. I have cash.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
There are plenty of original stocks around, and at prices not much higher than the Odin repro Let me go on record as a ready buyer for any and all Original stocks at prices not much higher than the Odin. Step over to the pay window please. I have cash.
I'll take a little of that action myself.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
If you guys would just spend a little more time searching the "net", you could find the bargains;
no one is going to "bring" the deals you you- invest the time or the money- your choice.

Just for reference, I think $450 is not much more than $300 for an Odin; especially when his Arty cost over $3k.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that's the thing, for an original artillery luger stock with navy stamp (optional) what is the price range i should expect? All i'm seeing out there is ranging from 1800-2500. In no way am i going to break above 500ish for a stock. At that price point i could buy a black widow luger!

I saw simpsons selling the luger navy stamp ALONE (bit of metal) for 795 bucks! Are they really that rare to demand that much money?
https://simpsonltd.com/luger-navy-stock-disc/

Best i found online is from a private seller asking 800 for a dirty stock, no navy stamp, no leather, and covered in blemishes. Hard pass.

I mostly wanted the wood as an accessory. Original would be a benefit, but original to me is not worth more than a $200 premium. As it is, that Odin stock is demanding $300 for a hunk of wood, no leather or holster. To me thats borderline insane for something that is not even original. "preferred" or not.

My artillery luger was an investment, but i'm not really intersted in stepping too far beyond what i already put down.

That said, what is low range acceptable for the stock w/sling (i dont care too much about navy stamp) that is correct for my 1916? That's why i came here, because i simply don't know what is considered to be a "good deal", and am not interested in being taken advantage of again (which some of you think i was w/my luger purchase).

-when in doubt, ask the experts!

;)

·
Administrator
13,644 Posts
yes, navy stocks are much rarer - and a navy stock is different than an artillery stock?????

yes, you will spend a lot more than $500 and if you want a navy, then I would imagine that it will cost $1500+ for the stock alone.

Do you want a byf luger or an original stock (as no such thing as a black widow luger - see the FAQ)

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
See comments / answers below in red:

that's the thing, for an original artillery luger stock with navy stamp (optional) what is the price range i should expect? All i'm seeing out there is ranging from 1800-2500. In no way am i going to break above 500ish for a stock. At that price point i could buy a black widow luger!

An original artillery stock with either a 1920 or Navy marking will be tough to find; with both essentially impossible, IMO. Be aware that the navy size stock is not strictly legal with an artillery luger, neither is a 6" Navy luger with an artillery stock.

I saw simpsons selling the luger navy stamp ALONE (bit of metal) for 795 bucks! Are they really that rare to demand that much money?
https://simpsonltd.com/luger-navy-stock-disc/hAlmost never found alone, but I agree that is a high price- I would not pay it either. Must be something to our opinions- it has been for sale for months. ;)

Best i found online is from a private seller asking 800 for a dirty stock, no navy stamp, no leather, and covered in blemishes. Hard pass. You will have to look for months to find a good, cheap stock.Why? Everone is looking for a bargain, you have to be lucky and Quick.

I mostly wanted the wood as an accessory. Original would be a benefit, but original to me is not worth more than a $200 premium. As it is, that Odin stock is demanding $300 for a hunk of wood, no leather or holster. To me thats borderline insane for something that is not even original. "preferred" or not.
I agree, unless you want to shoot it with a stock no reason to own a repro. I would not put an original finish luger in a repro holster either, it will wear out the finish pretty quickly-

My artillery luger was an investment, but i'm not really intersted in stepping too far beyond what i already put down.
I can see why you would feel that way, but a luger is not really likely to be an "investment", you pay retail and will sell at wholesale or somewhere between wholesale and retail down the road. Luger prices go up and down over the years. It could take 5 or 20 years to turn a profit on yours. JMHO.

That said, what is low range acceptable for the stock w/sling (i dont care too much about navy stamp) that is correct for my 1916? That's why i came here, because i simply don't know what is considered to be a "good deal", and am not interested in being taken advantage of again (which some of you think i was w/my luger purchase).The "sling" or straps is used to attach the holster to the stock in its complete original configuration, you don't need a strap to use the stock. Most original straps are not useable anyway, too weak to hold any real load. Jerry makes reproduction straps - I believe they are $100 or less if you really want one; I have several of his straps on my original rigs- as the original straps were missing or just too far gone to use.
I won't comment on price or value again, since everyone wants to jump on whatever I say; you will just have to spend the time to research on your own and read and watch auctions and for sale items here. I can say that I sold a decent but not perfect original stock with iron at the 2018 SOS for $400- I tried to get $500 and could not do it.

-when in doubt, ask the experts!

;)

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
5,347 Posts
Hi Kevin,
A few additional points:
Artillery stocks and Navy stocks are not identical, and it's not just the markings that differ or the steel discs that are embedded in most Navy stocks, they are dimensionally different as well.
A Navy stock will cost you MUCH more, about 5 times as much, condition being equal.
It is illegal to possess (never mind to shoot!), an Artillery Luger with a Navy stock and vice versa. Don't blame me, blame the ATF.
Norm

·
10,302 Posts
I won't comment on price or value again, since everyone wants to jump on whatever I say; you will just have to spend the time to research on your own and read and watch auctions and for sale items here. I can say that I sold a decent but not perfect original stock with iron at the 2018 SOS for $400- I tried to get $500 and could not do it.

It's like the cheap shooters everyone seems to think are all over the place. Few and far between in reality. A $400 Artillery stock? Decent but not perfect? I will die with my pile of stocks and let my heirs burn them for firewood before I sell one for $400. Decent Artillery stocks were selling for $650 25 years ago. The SOS must be WAY short of any kind of buyers.
But the OP had best bite the bullet and drag home a cheap Pakistani repro and be happy.
That's where his price point is.

·
Registered
6,193 Posts

It's like the cheap shooters everyone seems to think are all over the place. Few and far between in reality. A $400 Artillery stock? Decent but not perfect? I will die with my pile of stocks and let my heirs burn them for firewood before I sell one for $400. Decent Artillery stocks were selling for $650 25 years ago. The SOS must be WAY short of any kind of buyers.
But the OP had best bite the bullet and drag home a cheap Pakistani repro and be happy.
That's where his price point is.
If you are planning on going before me, consider sending me your stocks for safe keeping and away from the fire.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts