Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
401 - 414 of 414 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
P.08 127 w

As requested by Taudelt, pics of 127w with type 4 grips. These grips had not been removed for a long time when I took them off and were very dirty.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Question for the experts, fakes, postwar or a wartime set? I recently picked up this spare pair that by overall description could be Type 4s and did not think they are wwartime, but the heated pin test did not melt anything and the smell was slightly sour. They look rough on the back. I'm not into them for much, but really want to know how I should treat them, as spares to be used or saved and put aside. I haven't a P08 that they would originally have come with, newest is 1938.

Thanks in advance for any information, this has become quite contagious, just purchased a Volkspolizei P08 built off of an Erfurt 1917 and will share significant data if any on it, when I get it!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I stick my neck out and say those are real unless the once I have are fake, dead on to mine!
Happy Hunting!
Peter

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a question about one of the grips on my 42 (5785 F) unmarked FXO mag

the right side grip has a lower spot for the grip screw but the safety side grip looks like it has been filled in or unfinished. It this correct for this gun? Thanks

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Dave ,

HK 11795 type 5 .

Gun has no date as the receiver-barrel are replaced .

Horizontal C/N on barrel and receiver and EL/9 on receiver .

Rest of gun is nice straight HK .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Many thanks to the contributors in this thread. I was able to verify my recent find in an antique shop as a pair of type 4s due to this thread. They've obviously been ground on and fit to a different luger, but they fit well enough on my 42 byf shooter purchased with 60's vintage Franzite staghorn grips. Found em for $19.99, so take heart...deals and hidden treasures are still out there!!

401 - 414 of 414 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.