Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

81 - 100 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Thank you Pete.
The updated list is available for download at the first post.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Pete,
If you look closely the picture you posted, you can see that the barrel has a different number.
I will see in my files if I have a different link for this gun.
Douglas

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
Douglas,

Of course you are correct. I was diverted by the written ad and did not think to look more closely. Yes...upper # 3990.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Thank you. Updated list will be available in the following days...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Douglas, here is my pistol's information:
- serial number -- 882
- caliber -- 7.65mm
- receiver proof (“circled-B”) YES
- barrel proof (“circled-B”) NO
- finish (original, reblued, nickled, etc...) -- Original
- notes (for additional information v.g., mismatching, parts only, etc.). -- Mostly matching except for grips, grip safety, and firing pin. Extractor marked: CARREGADA, private collection

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Thank you, again, Pete!
I will soon release an updated list.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

This is my fist post, so sorry if I make some mistake (and my poor English)

My name is Fabio, I live in Brazil and started collecting some guns - I have already a 1906 FN model (circa 1917) 6.35 cal, and I own a Luger Brazillian contract S.N. 889

It is marked with "B" on slide side, and number "89" in various parts, like under the barrel (near the slide), under the slide, trigger, joints, have the word "Carregada" in the left side of extractor.

The piece it's in original blue, but it is not in good shape (lots of pittings and corrosion mainly under the wood grips - I'm thinking seriously in a complete restoring, but I did not make a decision yet! I can send fotos if you want

Best regards,

Fabio

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Hello,

This is my fist post, so sorry if I make some mistake (and my poor English)

My name is Fabio, I live in Brazil and started collecting some guns - I have already a 1906 FN model (circa 1917) 6.35 cal, and I own a Luger Brazillian contract S.N. 889

It is marked with "B" on slide side, and number "89" in various parts, like under the barrel (near the slide), under the slide, trigger, joints, have the word "Carregada" in the left side of extractor.

The piece it's in original blue, but it is not in good shape (lots of pittings and corrosion mainly under the wood grips - I'm thinking seriously in a complete restoring, but I did not make a decision yet! I can send fotos if you want

Best regards,

Fabio
Olá Fábio,

Your serial number is a new one for my list.
I live in São Paulo and I can help you if you want - I'm writing in English because this is the standard language of this forum.
Se quiser, você pode me contatar por e-mail: [email protected] . No entanto, eu não recomendo restaurar a peça - corrosão por baixo dos cabos de madeira é muito comum em Lugers.
Cheers,
Douglas.

- - - Updated - - -

Serial #4036 just added to Gunbroker -

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/616474012
Thank you: it is already in the list. But thanks to your new link, I have much better pictures now!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Olá Fábio,

Your serial number is a new one for my list.
I live in São Paulo and I can help you if you want - I'm writing in English because this is the standard language of this forum.
Se quiser, você pode me contatar por e-mail: [email protected] . No entanto, eu não recomendo restaurar a peça - corrosão por baixo dos cabos de madeira é muito comum em Lugers.
Cheers,
Douglas.
Olá Douglas,

Thanks for your input - sure I'll contact you soon...

Why you do not recomend restoring? Some special reason?

Editado: Moro em Atibaia - quem sabe uma hora dessas nos encontramos para um bate papo!
Regards

Fabio

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Great, so you are near. Feel free to contact me by e-mail if you want.
I recently had 13-pages article published in the magazine "A Defesa Nacional" (the Brazilian Army official magazine) about the Brazilian Luger.

If you want some information about its story, this is currently the latest and more complete source for that.
Concerning the restoration, there is a general rule that a collectable gun should be kept with its original finish as long as possible. When you refinish a Luger pistol its value decrease at least 50%. However, as all rules, there are some very specific exceptions.

Douglas

81 - 100 of 135 Posts