Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

101 - 120 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
I contacted Simpson's shortly after they posted the ad. Originally they listed "two excellent original Nazi magazines" and a "Brazilian holster". After I made a couple of suggestions, they got rid of the Nazi and changed it to a "Brazilian made" holster

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
The holster is NOT an officially issued holster, but a private aquisition.
The gun, however, is in very nice condition, unlikely to upgrade.
And thanksa lot: gun is now in the database.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Thanks Pete!
I will publish an updated version of the list soon.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Pete,
Once more, thanks a lot for the heads up.
These are two new numbers for the databse.
Douglas

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Douglas,

Brazilian sn 1899
cal. 7,65 Parabellum
receiver circle-B
barrel no proof
finish original
private collection
finish around 92%, areas of pinprick pitting on barrel, bore very rough, straw 95%
all metal numbers match
grips only fair, right grip stamped 9, left grip unnumbered

--Dwight

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Thank you Dwight!

This gun was listed previously at RIA auction from Sept. 9th, 2018.
According to the description: "Very good, with 60% of the dull arsenal refubished blue finish, showing areas of brown patina, rough spotting, bright edge wear and a number of dings and scratches"
ink: https://www.rockislandauction.com/d...r later reported at Jan C. Still Luger Forum

Personally, I have my doubts about the description and in my opinion the pictures provided are inconclusive about the finish originality.

Douglas

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Douglas, Did I ever give you the info on a Brazilian, serial no.97, that I bought out of a gun shop in Potomac, Maryland in about 1967? The pistol is long gone, but I remember it well.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Douglas, Did I ever give you the info on a Brazilian, serial no.97, that I bought out of a gun shop in Potomac, Maryland in about 1967? The pistol is long gone, but I remember it well.
Mike,
Thanks for your message.
#97 is a new number (I have a close #95 in the list), what do you remember about its condition or other details?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Thank you Dwight!

This gun was listed previously at RIA auction from Sept. 9th, 2018.
According to the description: "Very good, with 60% of the dull arsenal refubished blue finish, showing areas of brown patina, rough spotting, bright edge wear and a number of dings and scratches"
ink: https://www.rockislandauction.com/d...r later reported at Jan C. Still Luger Forum

Personally, I have my doubts about the description and in my opinion the pictures provided are inconclusive about the finish originality.

Douglas
Douglas,

Under close examination the pistol is indeed reblued, and RIA's assessment is fair. It photographs, and looks superficially, better than its 60% would suggest, and the re-straw is phenomenally good.

However it suits my purpose, and the price was right.

--Dwight

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Hello Douglas. Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with the forums recently. That Luger was what I believe to have been original finish, or a very old rust blue, turning brown on the straps. Matching numbers except the mag. Some patches of pitting, under the grips especially, but not ugly. Grips were rough checkered, or at least I thought so compared to other Luger grips. No bore at all, totally gone. Funny how you remember guns that have been gone for 50 years. If I saw it tomorrow I'd recognize it in a second.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
101 - 120 of 135 Posts