Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am looking at buying a matching example but would like someone to look the pistol over for me. I don’t know if It is ok to post live auction links here. Thanks,Mike

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Refurbished gun. Too expensive IMO.

For $1500, should get an original one for this variation (wartime small ring). For $2400, should get a very nice original one. For $3000 or above, not only the gun needs to be in great original shape, it should have matching stock.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Refurbished gun. Too expensive IMO.

For $1500, should get an original one for this variation (wartime small ring). For $2400, should get a very nice original one. For $3000 or above, not only the gun needs to be in great original shape, it should have matching stock.
I was thinking it was refinished but wanted confirmation.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
3,815 Posts
that one has been refinished and some parts were either scrubbed or they were nos...Bill

·
Premium Member
3,815 Posts
Alvin:
How can it be correct without the parts being numbered ?

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Alvin:
How can it be correct without the parts being numbered ?
On this variation (let's call it "last ditch M1930"), four parts are numbered. The only visible number outside is the number mentioned by the seller: it is on receiver flat behind the sight leaf, full serial.

There are three 4-digit partial numbers hiding inside on: magazine floor, lock frame, and grip frame. These three are visible when the gun is field stripped.

There is a little bit risk: what if any of those three internal numbers mismatches? The risk is there, but very low on this particular one.

There were about 20,000 last ditch M1930s not delivered to nationalist China. Was that good news or bad news? For today's collectors, thanks God, that was great news. Otherwise, what will they look like today...

This one has many "dings" on receiver. I have seen a few samples with those dings. Not sure what happened... Probably someone tested steel hardness? Or tried to disassemble it by brutal force? That affects its aesthetics a little bit. There are samples of this variation in near 100% original condition, more expensive though.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ended up passing on the one in the auction because the seller never gave me confirmation if the parts matched. I am still looking for a good one. I will post a wtb add on here. I want something that matches with original finish that I can shoot occasionally.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Missed this one? Although the finish is original, M1930 in this condition can be used in range occasionally, due to it is not mint. Most likely, it is all matching. I guess it is a consignment, seller does not care the price much due to commission difference is small.

Wait next one then. At this moment, there are a few other broomhandles listed on gunbroker.com, none worth recommendation though, either refurbished, or priced too high for the condition. Just wait next one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts