Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Shayne... Thanks. Could you post some pictures? First DWM/41 I have heard of. Could be a good "learning" pistol.

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Jeff.... I do not recall having that one and suspect it may have come from Jan's data. Perhaps he might join in and can shed some light here. Thanks for posting.

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Jan/Jeff.... Added the new number to the list with note about 99xxh. I found the number on some notes from 2012 but do not really recall where it came from. My guess is that it is probably the same pistol. Tough getting good help. Thanks to all for the input

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
Hi Dave,

I just won this pair on eBay...will have to see if they are real HK brown grips or not when I have them home in a few days.

I placed a low bid assuming they might be nicely made "repros" which I like and can always use. Won the auction for $ 52.

But the photos from eBay do look a bit more promising.

Question : Should I expect the holes to be threaded ?

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Pete.... I am pretty sure the following are correct. Not sure that they were "threaded" in the sense of someone tapping a hole. They did use some type of tool to extract them from the molds but I am not sure what that looked like but would love to see an example. I have gotten to know one of the young men that imports them from Russia and he told me once that the "next generation" will be bakelite and pass the "hot pin" and famous Ebbink castanets tests. He reads this Forum and the books...... and so it goes.....

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
Dave,

Got the grips home. They are a very nice repro pair...so have moved them to my shooter safe.

Well made, fit 3-4 guns perfectly from different eras, made of a lighter weight thermoplastic. No fibers in the resin.

All four holes in the back of the grips are fully threaded and take the grip screw threads.

They go "tick-a-tee-tick" and not "clack-a-tee-clack" when you rap them on a table top or against each other.

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Pete... I think somehow we need to include the t-a-t-t vs the c-a-t-c test in future publications....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Late arrival, purchased a 40/42 w/the brown plastic grips 1154g. The gun was represented as all matching w/Kreighoff grips. Pics to follow.
Roger

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Carver 32... Great... will look forward to seeing the pictures. Send along a pic of the SN with suffix. More "g's"have been reported than anything else and just want to try and make sure.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi taudelt....
I think here is a new one...

byf 41, #1812x
Brown plastic grips. Luger seems to be untouched original condition and comes with the holster dtv 42.
Matching numbers without Magazine. This one is fxo WaA 37 with the number 6539q

P1080671.JPG P1080672.JPG P1080673.JPG P1080674.JPG P1080675.JPG P1080676.JPG

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
infanterist2....Thank you for the information. Can you post a picture of the insides of the grips? They look like they are black to me but a picture of the insides will settle that and also tell us what type they are.

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Tom... Thanks for the pictures. IMO I do not believe there are original production.

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
1,115 Posts
1940-42 sn 9821f with brown plastic grips just sold at auction. Has a mismatched sideplate but the rest looks OK. Seems to fit the data.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts