Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A seller in Germany has been offering sets of small parts that were left over from the post war Mauser Parabellum production run. Most of these parts are in the unmachined, unfinished state as they would be forged or cast and supplied to Mauser for final machining and finishing and as such show a good insight in the manufacturing process.

Other parts are rejects with minor machining issues so they were not used in further machining steps.

They offer a nice glimpse into 1970s Mauser Parabellum manufacturing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thank you again for a cool post.
I've wanted to ask previously-is there much collector-to-collector trading between Europe and the US?
For example, some variations of Mauser Parabellums, you write in "The Parabellum is Back!", are more common in one place or the other. I'd like some variations that seem to be more common in Europe and have some that may be scarce in Europe. (Perhaps import/export costs are prohibitive.)
For another example-the parts you show in this post-would it be possible to buy some and get them sent to the US?
For a final example-is there stuff we can get here in the US for you?
Regardless, thanks and best wishes, Joe.
PS: Renato Gamba sn 1 recently sold on GB for $1975-here's a link:

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
The receiver pictures give great insight into the machining(broaching) process for the bolt pathway.
thanks for posting.

·
Administrator
13,504 Posts
Is it possible to get a set for me?
As an aside,, I love the pictures of a frame build in your book.
These rear toggles and unfinished receiver I particularly like.
How come they are appearing so many years later?
Same with the thousands of breechblocks, I've bought 20 of them, rear and middle toggles are harder to find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts