Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Silver Bullet Member
338 Posts
My Bulgarian Model B is WaA 251 marked, and imported by Cole Distributors in Kentucky. It was not purchased from SOG. It is a correct number for the Bulgarian SN range (23427),and properly proofed, but I remain in doubt of the WaA mark on any recently imported weapon, and of SOG in particular. SOG recently tried to sell some post-war P-38 holsters with (fake) codes and WaA's as original Nazi holsters. They are, perhaps, innocent dupes, but I doubt any knowlegable distributor would "unknowingly" offer fakes for sale as originals. Anyone care to comment?

· Silver Bullet Member
338 Posts
garfield: Absolutely right! My mistake, my model B is SN. 237427. My old eyes betrayed me. But I still question anything SOG offers. They hype their offerings without checking for corectness. I recently purchase what they said was a early eagle/C Sauer from them. I knew it had probably been Soviet refinished. SOG indicated that the gun was a correct eagle/C. When I got it, it was made up of parts from a early and a late production gun. They took it back, but my point is that beginning collectors believe what advertisers say, and then find out later how wrong they were. I knew what to look for, but they don't. We all make errors early on in our collections, but do we need sellers who don't check things out? They discourage potential collectors from joining us. New collectors don't do the research we do before buying. Reliable dealers are our best hope.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.