Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Serial No. 2006b, 4" barrel, with all test proofs and inspection stamps correct, 98% condition, hard to believe, no reblueing or touchup is evident.
Holster stamped CDC 41, WaA 101, P.08.
Takedown tool stamped SS K 84 V.
These grip panels are a perfect fit on this Luger. They are made of
black composition material checkered with a border around the edges as
normal black grip panels have. The back of the grip panels have two
threaded holes and conform to the pictures I have seen on this site.
Performed the hot water test and the grip panels were not affected.
Now come the strange part.
The medallions on each one are about 1" down from the top and centered
on the width of each grip panel.
On the left grip panel is a black Swastika rune with a white background in .40 diameter.
On the right grip panel is a silver SS rune with a black background
in .30 diameter.
Could these medallions been inserted on an original set of grip
panels, as anything is possible I guess?
Has anyone observed this type of grip panels?
Bill

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ron
Thanks for the information, I thought it would be something like you stated.
As for photos I have yet to try putting photos on the compuer because I don't know how, but I will be trying out my normal camera to see if small details will be clear enough. After that I will have to get the knowledge to put them on the computer as I am a novice on the computer.
Bill

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
6,198 Posts
Bill.... Another possibility is that the German who had the pistol did the "decorating". Over the years I have seen various pins and badges in or on grips of Lugers and P-38s. Some were done better than others but I have always felt they were not factory done. Something along the lines of people having their names engraved on their daggers......

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave
Thanks for the information. The work done on putting the medallions on the grip panels is very well
done, they are imbedded flush in the grip panels. You & Ron came to the same conclusion but I just had to ask.
Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.