Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aquired a new Luger today and need a bit of help. After researching all my books, I'm still unsure.

Basics; byf 42, serno 207x m, All matching and correct style (no markings on vintage walnut grips), no straw except ejector and sear spring. Black plastic fxo mag with PO8 marking. Pretty standard.

NOT STANDARD;
Barrel markings: Kal. 9mmP. FWW (marking), 207x, Eagle N, Nazi firing proof (rt side) Eight point stick "star" (left side).

Upper receiver markings: Eagle 135(2), Nazi firing proof, Stamped on internal lug: Crown BNP, FBg in a circle.

Receiver: PO8, stamped just forward of the toggle lock is: Eagle N, a partial "pineapple" looking stamp, and "80" in a semi oval.

Toggle (underside): Eagle N on bottom of forward toggle.

These are the only markings other than serials. No "NOT BRITISH MAKE", no import markings, no East German hot blue job, no goofy grips, etc. In short, looks good except for the strange markings.

Comments anyone?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Additional reading has revealed that this serno went to the Portuguese as part of a 4578 weapon sale.

Some of these were sold to Canada from Portugal in the early '80's.

So far so good. That would explain the Crown BNP I guess. Can anyone verify this contract had commercial Eagle N stamps?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
Hi,

The eagle/N is correct for that era and the 'NOT ENGLISH MAKE' being present, would represent a post-1955 British proof. The FWW marking may be the mark of the importing firm. Serial number and description fit that particular Portuguese contract.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.