Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Forum Members,

The lively discussions regarding a proofed German Imperial Navy variation #1 cleaning rod was a catalyst for this thread. I would like to present a photo compilation of the C/M proofed Navy accessories that I currently own. Some of these I have posted before, some I have not, some I still have to look for to photo.

The C/M proofs vary from each accessory. Posted are proofs from the following accessories.

-Two Navy board stocks
-1911 Boarding Cutlass
-Brass shell casing from a naval gun (cannon)
-Brass telescope carrying tube cover
-Navy mag proof
-Two proofed Navy cleaning rods

I ask fellow members if they own proofed Navy accoutrement to add photos of the C/M to this thread.

IMHO the Imperial German Navy had different/variations of C/M stamps for their accessories. Some crowns float, some don't, some are small, and some are not.

Best regards,

Joe Pirolo

Attachments

·
Registered
912 Posts
Nice display of some great Imperial Navy items. Imperial Navy proofs are certainly an in depth study.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Thanks again Joe for the thoughtful and long overdue comparison of C/M markings on various Imperial Navy items. It confirms what some of us suspected: that some individual items had their own C/M variation. Most importantly, it demonstrates there is no one single C/M style that is proper for all items at all times. Well done!- and more homework for us. This should be made a 'sticky' for posterity.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
German Imperial Navy Inspector's Wax Seal with C/M

I believe this is a wax seal. The details do not show when used as an ink stamp. As you can see from the photo the crown/anchor are very detailed.

Joe P.

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
German Imperial Navy Sword w/ Crown/Anchor

Dear Members:

One last Imperial Navy accessory with German Navy crown/anchor. It is an Officer's dress sword. This one had been personalized.

Again, if anyone has any C/M variations or crown/anchor variations they would like to add, please do.

Best regards and good collecting!

Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Although the crown on this seal resembles German imperial regalia, the seal says "UBATSVAPNEN INSPEKTOREN" which, if I'm not mistaken is Swedish.

Ub
åt, like Uboot, is a short form of untervattensbåt or submarine.

'Course this could be Norwegian too, I don't know.

That's a really nice relic you got there. How did you find that?

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
5,317 Posts
Hi Thierry, Thanks for showing your beautiful U-Boat ammo box, it's the ultimate Luger accessory. They are very rare, I believe there is only one here in the US.
Best regards, Norm

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Hi Thierry, Thanks for showing your beautiful U-Boat ammo box, it's the ultimate Luger accessory. They are very rare, I believe there is only one here in the US.
Best regards, Norm
The box that Simpson LTD sells from a Swiss dealer.

Joël

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hello Norm

Very happy that you appreciate that item.

Hello Joël,

Happy new year,I think to meet you very soon!

Ted

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Randy,

Thank you for the clarification on the seal. It was given to me several years ago from a good friend.

Happy New Year and good collecting to you!

Joe

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
The bronze ammunition box is certainly a wonderfully rare relic of the Imperial U-boat service. I noticed the C/M stamp was identical to the Simpson Ltd. box Norm posted on 12-14-'11. The box dimensions are 9 1/4"x 6 1/2"x 3 5/8"H. - too small & w/central lid to accommodate a 10 5/8"L. 1917 P.04! (Sorry Julia) Again, thanks Joe for starting this highly informative thread.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts