Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have what is probably a stupid question for you folks out there!! I recently acquired a "MAUSER" marked stock holster for the C96. This one has a number on the attaching iron like the early stocks. I was led to believe that the Mauser logo stocks came out in the 30's for the commercial pistols and did not have serial numbers on them. The attaching iron appears to be original to the stock. I thought maybe it was replaced. Any comments Guys??

Dave

·
Registered
226 Posts
All attaching irons were numbered. The early ones had the the entire serialnumber, and the late stocks had the last three numbers in the serialnumber. Commercial stocks with the mauserbanner was produced from the 1920's(???) i think...

G

·
"All attaching irons were numbered."

Not so. Early pistols were serial numbered to the attaching iron of the wooden stock. The Model 1930 series does not has any numbering on the attaching iron.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks John!! That is what I thought, but I greatly appreciate the input from everyone on the forum.

Dave

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hello
I've a "MAUSER" marked stock for a 1930 gun that bears the 3 last digits of the gun on the attaching iron.I've also the 6 stocks of my 6 Schnellfeuer pistols(2 Nickl and 4 Westinger ones) that do not bear any digits.I've also another 1930 stock without any digit.I believe that the early 1930(first type) guns were delivered with numbered stocks.Later it was no more made.About the possibility that it has been replaced:the attaching iron of a 1930 or Schnellfeuer gun is different from a former one!They are not interchangable because they have square corners(please look from above and below) instead of the round ones of the "classic" pattern.So it sohuld have been replaced with another 1930 one....

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Paolo,
Thanks for the additional input. Are you saying that the edges of the attaching iron (part that slides into the frame) are square on the 1930's and Schnellfeuer stocks?? This stock appears to have rounded edges (maybe wear), but it fits a Schnellfeuer and a 1930 Boomhandle perfectly!! By the way, I have a friend who is looking for an original Schnellfeuer stock...do you happen to have a spare??
Regards,

Dave

·
Registered
152 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Olefogey

Paolo,
Thanks for the additional input. Are you saying that the edges of the attaching iron (part that slides into the frame) are square on the 1930's and Schnellfeuer stocks?? This stock appears to have rounded edges (maybe wear), but it fits a Schnellfeuer and a 1930 Boomhandle perfectly!! By the way, I have a friend who is looking for an original Schnellfeuer stock...do you happen to have a spare??
Regards,

Dave
Hello Dave
I add a pic showing what I meant.The 1st from the left is a numbered 1930 one,the 2nd is a standard Schnellfeuer one,the 3rd is an Ialian Navy Flatside one,the 4th is a Conehammer one,the 5th is a Red Nine one.

Download Attachment: IM001521.JPG
110.29KB

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the pic Paolo!! Now I know what you mean by the square edges. My stock has the rounded edges and is numbered. Thanks again.

Dave

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hello, (much greetings to Paolo from me, Roland)
have you thought of the "Bolo" stocks? They have the Mauser Logo and are normally numbered with the ser.numbers.
They also should have the round edges as far as I know!
I dont own a collection like Paolo, but the 2 with Mauser Logo in my collection are both different as discried following:
1st has round edges, the opening dot is checkered and the ser.nr. is stamped on the iron. This one I belive is matching to a "Bolo"
Then with Bolo stocks I think there are existing a short and a regular variation.
2nd has square edges, the opening dot is with concetric circels (like navy luger magazines) and without a gun nr. This one I suppose is a 1930 model stock but don´t fit a Schnellfeuer! For the Schnellfeuer the wood is milled just a little bit different on the sde the select dot slippes in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts