Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Can you import one from US?
Not now. The government has already announced that they are banning ALL transfers, whether buying, selling, gifting, inheriting, anything. Before the prohibitively long paperwork required for importation can be completed, the transfer will be blocked and you'll lose your money. The next stage, not official but it's inevitable, they will ban handguns outright and begin compulsory buy-backs, followed by confiscations. Anyone who has registered weapons will be on "The List", with name, address, and S/N of your handguns all in a tidy package. They know what you have and where you have it, and no excuses will be accepted. Hence the popularity and high price of pre-1898 handguns.

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
A few years ago, i had a 3-digit 1897 made cone hammer listing on gunsamerica.com. It has almost no blue left, but it is all matching. Asking $3500.

Only two guys had interest. One gentleman contacted me from Canada. I told him that he had to find an importer. For exporter, Simpson Ltd could help, but he had to cover the extra cost. He told me that he would think about it, but he never called back.

Another guy was a Chinese business man in Texas. He did not hesitate at all, and paid over internet in 5 minutes. So that 1897 gun went to him.

Probably should have kept it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
A few years ago, i had a 3-digit 1897 made cone hammer listing on guns America.com. It has almost no blue left, but it is all matching. Asking $3500.

Only two guys had interest. One gentleman contacted me from Canada. I told him that he had to find an importer. For exporter, Simpson Ltd could help, but he had to cover the extra cost. He told me that he would think about it, but he never called back.

Another guy was a Chinese business man in Texas. He did not hesitate at all, and paid over internet in 5 minutes. So that 1897 gun went to him.

Probably should have kept it.
You should have. It would've gotten you several times that price up here now. A Chinese business man buying a C96 is strangely appropriate, if you think about it.

The only way to get an American pistol up here would be to buy a pre-98 in the U.S. and slip it across the border, then pretend it was here all along. Since they've never been registered here, they have no way of knowing the difference.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Tom Whiteman over at Legacy Collectibles did a video a month or so back and was showing all of the lugers he had imported from Canada. Apparently he has had several dozen brought over as people attempt to at least get something for their collectibles before they are forever destroyed. A real shame. Now apparently, it's even a crime to use a gun to defend yourself, no matter the circumstances.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Tom Whiteman over at Legacy Collectibles did a video a month or so back and was showing all of the lugers he had imported from Canada. Apparently he has had several dozen brought over as people attempt to at least get something for their collectibles before they are forever destroyed. A real shame. Now apparently, it's even a crime to use a gun to defend yourself, no matter the circumstances.
It always has been. Technically, there's some window-dressing in the criminal code about defending your life or that of others, but not with a firearm, heavens no! In practical terms, legally our choices are to call a cop or run away. Or die in a polite manner.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts