Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

C96 repro stock length

1K views 4 replies 1 participant last post by  patm41 
G
#1 ·
I have a late 30's production C96 that came with a reproduction stock
now i picked up a fitted case and found out the stock is too long by
a inch .. to fit into the case..

Having never compaired this stock with a origional i didnt know that the repos were longer..
has any one shortened a reop stock ?
Trying to locate a late 30's stock is a bit hard to find ..

See less See more
#2 ·
Pat,
The overall length of an original C-96 stock is approximately 14 inches.
Either the stock is too long or the case is too short.
Comparing the stock in the photo it looks like it is correct (I might be wrong).
The case might be for a Bolo of which some (rarely) had shortened stocks.
Bill

G
#3 ·
Bill, thanks for the reply... I stopped by my local dealer and had him dig a C96 from his personal collection and compared stocks.. mine is aprox 1 3/4" longer than his.. he also had the very same case and it measures the same as mine..
My dealer told me this stock i have is a Chinese reproduction thats why its longer.. as they are longer.. we looked in his books and they are still available so I may order another and cut it down..
That way if I screw it up I'll still have another stock to do me till I can find a original

#4 ·
Pat,
I'm glad you found out about your stock. I've never seen a C-06 repro stock that long.
Did you measure the overall length of the stock, if you did what was it for my curiosity?
I'm sure there are repro stocks that are the correct length.
First, I would try shortening that stock as it is not difficult if you have access to the tools to do that (make sure the angle is correct) before wasting money on another stock.
Bill

G
#5 ·
The repo stock measures 15.5" at its longest point from end to end..
A standard stock ( not the Bolo) measures 14.25"
I guess the repo i have is not 100% lol... Some one told me that at one time there were some British repos on the market that were really nice..
I have never seen one...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.