Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
15,091 Posts
It looks properly aged to me, but I am no expert on them. I've had a few of them, repro and real, usually the repro are so obviously new that they look bad.

Reactions: Mobandyjp82

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mobandy,

I wouldn't accept anyone's opinion on it, the price differential between real and a replica is too great to make a mistake. You are going to have to compare it with one that is undisputed and decide for yourself.

Jack

Reactions: Mobandyjp82

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,114 Posts
I don't like the Cal or the 9. The Cal looks double stamped? The 9 shouldn't have a flourish knob at the bottom end. I believe both the Cal & 9 should have a "period" at the right side bottom end. These are like snail drums, the numbers should not be fancy. Too..on the op photo the 9m/m is way off center.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I looked at the threads here already but I still like to run it by the memebers here who are experienced in these mags. Real or repro?
View attachment 673388
View attachment 673389
View attachment 673390
I looked at the threads here already but I still like to run it by the memebers here who are experienced in these mags. Real or repro?
View attachment 673388
View attachment 673389
View attachment 673390
It looks too "new" to me, but is the bottom piece wood?, or plastic (phenolic)? I suspect these should be wood, but I'm no expert either.
MJI-1198

·
Administrator
15,091 Posts
Originally were these lightly stamped, burned or hand inscribed when first made?

The last one would always be slightly different....

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,114 Posts
Originally were these lightly stamped, burned or hand inscribed when first made?

The last one would always be slightly different....
The old World craftsmanship that was the norm during this era would demand nothing but perfection no matter how or when it was done.

·
Super Moderator
2,789 Posts
I don't know where the fakes are being made, but the ones I have seen that are fakes were made of American walnut instead of Euro walnut which is darker in color and somewhat denser, thus the tiny microscopic (almost) grain holes that seem to appear are smaller and more prevalent. I own one that I consider correct as it came in a 1908 commercial Luger. Regards, JIM

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Neben dem Crimp ist die Länge der Aussparung für den Zubringerknopf ein guter Hinweis für Originalität eines frühen Magazins, was sicher auch für ein ziviles Marine Magazin gilt. Es ist gut 99 mm lang, spätere sind einen mm länger.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts