Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry for the late entry. I have pistol 359114 that came to me in a Japanese holster. No capture papers or dai mark. Would be interested in hearing if this pistol is confirmed as having been used by the Japanese.

Best to all,

Digger Doug

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi Anthony,
Email sent with authentication letter request.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Request on letters and research is now closed as I need to move forward with these chapters. Thanks

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I am happy to report that the research has revealed more new information and that I now have the raw data for the inquiries.
I will be processing this and letters will mail late in October. There were positives and negatives -

Positive: The majority of inquiries were indeed Jap orders, far more than the usual 60% I encounter.
Positive: New information has come to light for the book.

Negative: There will be some disappointed inquirers as some were not Japanese orders, but rather commercial pistols sold in Europe.
Negative: This is just another pile of information that adds to the new 3rd edition and the overwhelming amount of new info keeps adding delays to the production.

More soon...
Anthony

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
well, I say this now, unless I receive some bad news LOL, that I am looking forward to reading what new information has been revealed! You mentioned about delays for production, just wondering what the new timeline is?

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
well, I say this now, unless I receive some bad news LOL, that I am looking forward to reading what new information has been revealed! You mentioned about delays for production, just wondering what the new timeline is?
I have not set one up yet and do not know if I will. My year has passed and all I experienced was staring at a computer screen, sometimes more than 14 hours a day. I still need to come to grip that December is no longer a deadline, so no need to kill myself over it.

I am pleased with how the new edition looks, and that is not something I have experienced much in my career, so I know that the delays will be worth it. We have a new puppy and a rescue from Siberia that still needs a good amount of training, so I am going to have some fun with my dogs...

Anthony

41 - 46 of 46 Posts