Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to advise members that there are multiple red flags with this stock. This is reminiscent of the excellent French counterfeits made a few years ago.

The stock lug is definitely not original FN and is modern Pakistani. The rest of the stock also has minute issues but the French counterfeits were so good that it was difficult to pinpoint in photos, but very obvious in a side-by-side comparison.

Note that the dealer can not be blamed here, as there are no references for him to identify these inconsistencies.

So buyer beware!

Anthony

· Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,539 Posts
Anthony, Thanks..I am far from any kind of an expert on these but rather a simple student. BUT, the holes in this stock are no where large enough to accept the brass rivets that are required. The shaft might be good but there should also be a large well to inset the washer...It isn't there.

· Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jerry, you will need my book. This is the way they were supplied to the Belgian military. These holes were not used for this contract and the rivets were only applied on other contracts and were not countersunk, there was never a well as you describe it. The well formed due to the compression of the riveting machine, it was not part of manufacturing.

Anyway, none of this is relevant to this offering. I will try to confirm later that the stock is counterfeit.

· Moderator / Gold Bullet Member
11,539 Posts
Yeah, I am only trying to discuss what I thought was an interesting discussion on a discussion board but failed to realize it was a save us from ourselves rescue mission! My bad, carry on Christian Soldier! HELP is needed! discussion on a discussion board? some other time thanks.

· Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As a follow up, I also did comparisons with the two holster variants from the period leather suppliers.

This is indeed a very good modern COUNTERFEIT!

I have seen that brown schmear on the leather before. I have no idea what it is, but have seen it on these French counterfeits and it was likely added to hide the modern grain. Every part and marking looks close, but is not right.

Anthony

PS: Jerry I was too hasty, one side was indeed countersunk for the rivet on the other contracts. It was not done on the original Belgian Mil contracts but the holes were always there.

· Premium Member
4,582 Posts
I have bought from the seller in the past and had no issues. But, like I always say: "If you don't know you have a problem, then you don't have a problem"

This offering would have fooled me 100%

· Registered
2,165 Posts
I do believe the seller tries to be honest and reputable in his dealings, but some items are bound to slip through the cracks, especially with the volume of sales he has. Caveat Emptor.

· Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am in contact with the seller and he is an honorable man in my opinion. He sells everything and you can not know everything, especially something this rare. He has never had any and had nothing to compare it to. Even if you had handled one in the past, this could pass as a variant, but it is not. These crooks in Europe ripped off dozens of collectors at 3000 Euros a pop.

· Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

· Registered
105 Posts
It does look like he has updated the listing with the following:

"have just been told by a master of all things FN that this is a later made rig, not FN made."

I have met Larry at several gun shows, and he certainly has a mix of all items; with some fakes here and there. He has always been gracious when I offered my opinion and changed the price tag accordingly. As always, know what you are getting in to, as he certainly comes up with some interesting items...

KK

· Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
It does look like he has updated the listing with the following:

"have just been told by a master of all things FN that this is a later made rig, not FN made."

I have met Larry at several gun shows, and he certainly has a mix of all items; with some fakes here and there. He has always been gracious when I offered my opinion and changed the price tag accordingly. As always, know what you are getting in to, as he certainly comes up with some interesting items...

KK
Yes, Larry was very quick with his communication and concerned about it and added the line after I confirmed it to be a counterfeit. He is an ethical man and is always open minded when it comes to accuracy, even when it hurts him financially. This is the way it should be!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.