Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard today that Charlie Kenyon passed away in early December.

·
Registered
7,261 Posts
Thanks for the info George. Like a lot of us old timers, I knew him well. An early chronicler of the Luger, may he RIP

·
Registered
199 Posts
Met Charlie when I was about 15 years old at the big Kansas City show. He signed my copy of "Luger: The Multinational Pistol" and even called me up a couple times after that. He definitely helped to inspire my love of these pistols, and I am sad to learn of his passing. May he rest in peace.

-Brandon

·
Super Moderator
3,927 Posts
Sad to hear this. Any info on his last place of residence?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
While I never had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Kenyon, I have his books and I'm sorry to hear of his passing. May he rest in peace.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Another pioneer in the Parabellum community has left us...I have read and thoroughly enjoyed his books...

May he rest in peace...

·
Administrator
13,290 Posts
I met him, through Geo, may he rest in peace

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
We can see far away now because we are on the shoulders of giants. Kenyon was one of such legends.
Rest in peace.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I am so saddened :cry: to hear that Charlie Kenyon passed away who was my mentor on Lugers. He taught me most of my knowledge on early Lugers during the 1980's when I was attending university in South Florida. I used to call him about twice a week for my 'education' and I shall remember him as a Luger Legend.

Ron, he did agree with my theory that the 'M1906 Russian Luger' was actually another Bulgarian contract Luger and accepted the honest mistake in his book 'Lugers at Random'. ;)

When I tried to call him about two weeks ago, his home number was invalid and I felt something was wrong knowing about his elderly age. I wish him farewell to join Georg Luger and Ludwig Loewe to talk about his famous pistol invented at DWM.

Thank you dear Charles for sharing your knowledge with me and helping me build my collection that still contains a few special Lugers from your personal collection.

I salute you and I shall never forget you,
Albert

1 - 13 of 13 Posts