Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a collector of Czech firearms with a particular interest in Cz-27’s. With the help of the Internet and a website to collect serial number data I have over 550 serial numbers in my database. Hopefully with your inputs I can clear up a few finer points. Hopefully this data will end up in a book. There are a couple of us here out west that want to write a Cz-27 book. I would like a little help in the following areas

1) I am sorely in need of data on the early pistols. I do have access to a very early Cz-27 that indicates how close the early pistols were to the Cz-24. I would really like to gather more serial number data especially with the pre war Police marked pistols. This would be roughly serial numbers up to somewhere around 15000
2) I would like to better define the transition from Czech production to German occupation. Then the transition from early German occupation to the Production of the Bohmische marked Pistols. This would be in the serial number range of somewhere just before 15000 up through somewhere above 20000. This would include the U series, the none serial numbered Cz-27’s, DR marked guns, AKAH and GECO marked guns and the first Nazi marked non Bohmische marked guns. I would like to get some idea on how many pistols have the WaA76 that isn’t located on the right side frame above the grip.
3) Any info on the 22LR Cz-27’s. I would like to know if anyone ever did successfully negotiate a price with the pawnshop that found serial number V.
4) I would also like any serial number information on the Post war/Early Czech use of the Cz-27’s particularly the URO, CSP and CSD marked pistols. This would also include any 45 and 46 dated Cz-27’s. I do have some serial number data from a couple collectors in the Czech Republic but I still have very large holes in this vintage of Cz-27’s
5) Lastly I would like to know where the end is. There are rumors of a 1950 dated Cz-27 that I would like to either substantiate or quell that rumor. I have a fair amount of serial number data on the 47 48 and 49 vintage serial numbers with the highest serial number I know of being 621821. I also have data indicating that the Cz-50 serial numbers started somewhere prior to 645324.

These are the areas I know I need help on, but I will take any information that any have to offer. I have never seen an original Cz-27 manual. If some one can help me with this problem it would be greatly apprecated.

I have a website that I have used to collect serial number data to this point If anyone would like to fill out an internet based datasheet for me my internet datasheet form is at:

http://www.geocities.com/rml1708/cpds/cz-27datasheet.HTML

If you send info using the above Internet website. I will not know who sent it unless you provide an e-mail address. So if you are concerned about using complete serial numbers I will not know who owns what unless you tell me who you are.

For those who do not want anything to do with the Internet datasheets feel free to drop me an email, or send me a phone number and I will call.

I do not claim to be an expert, but if there are any questions about the Cz-27 that you think I can help with let me know.

Robert

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Robert
I hope the collectors reporting the data to you will also post it to this sit so all the members will benefit. Also, I hope that you will supply updates of your data and the progress of your book.
Thanks
Jan

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jan, If I get any data from this inquiry I will post the data sent to me. Hopefully that will not stop anyone from filling out a datasheet. It would be nice to get more data, but most of the areas listed above are pretty tough to find examples. I know that they are out there, but hopefully between this site and NAPCA I hope to get some more data on the transition areas. I intend to also post this note on Tuco's and Bill's websites to maximize my distribution.

As far as the book it is a in the future thing. With the four kids including a set of triplet girls (3 and half years old) I do not get a lot of free time to work on a book. The other person is newly retired and just as busy as I in other directions. Serial number data is the easy part. Set out the website and data comes in.

Robert

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As promised when I received any datasheets I will post the interesting data.

Fritz sent me datasheets on the following serial numbers: 466447 (silencer Barrel), 411251, 380910, 283529, 262800, 54179, and 10747. The interesting serial numbers of this batch are the 466447 silencer barreled pistol as it is helping determine that there are multiple lots of Silencer barreled pistols made instead of one large lot. The other interesting serial number is the early one 10747. This pistol is unit marked 24 G 157 and is also marked with ST POL UR RYMAROV which means Státní policejní úrad Rýmarov, State Police Office in Rymarov. The unit mark in my reference book "Rukovét sberatele starých zbraní" lists G as Vojenské gymnázium Marovaská Trebová. The translation I was given for the G unit mark indicates a Government Military School. This is only the second unit mark I have found on a post 1931 acceptance marked Czech Weapon. The other is on a J lion 35 acceptance marked Vz-24 with the unit mark of 2PUV (Second Armored). From what I have seen the Czech miltary unit marks disappeared in 1930/1931.

Thanks Fritz. Everyone else please send in those datasheets.

Robert

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Hi Robert,

FYI here the copy from a German pay book ( is that right? I cannot translate it better ) with two registered pistols.
One can read: Oberleutnant Fasbinder is in possession of the following pistols

# 91926, Kal. 7,65, Fegyveryar
# 65160, Kal. 7,65, Pist.Mod. 27

Obviously the first pistol is a Hungarian M 1937 Femaru.
Here a mistake must have occurred when typing the weapon in because the caliber must be 9 mmk.

Fritz

Download Attachment: Soldbuch.jpg
89.81KB

Download Attachment: Soldbuch 2.jpg
197.55KB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.