Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Colt 1903

4K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Heinz 
#1 ·
New pictures of my Colt 1903 32acp after clean up and locating/installing an original LH Grip

Thanks to Bruno for having and offering the grip panel to me .

Not a mint pistol , but a nice example

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Took one of my 1903s to the range today so it could get some exercise and go WalkAbout. It's a type 1 from 1906 and behaved just as expected.

mine is in similar condition, and had it on a range trip last week,

did well with S&B ball, but did not want to feed from a full mag with silvertips ,,,

mag related surely, it worked after I only loaded 5 rounds of the silver tip,

despite my aging eyes, and the tiny sights, it did well on steel plates, as far as accuracy

I'll order some new mags and clean the one I have (not original)

#10 ·
I'm a little late to the party, but am always glad to see 1903s that have that experienced patina look. You know there are untold stories of that Colts history. I'm a proud owner of two similar Colts, one made in 1912 and the other made in 1921. I shoot both very well as compared to many other vintage 32acp/7,65mm is my collection.
They are fun, well balanced and accurate firearms. Love'em.

#12 ·
That is really neat it almost looked parked. How is your trigger pull? Mine is very heavy. A few years ago I started to pick up a few Rubys and thought I should have a 1903 too. I think they improved on them when they located the take down notch with the safety. Sure made stripping them down simple.

#17 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.