Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my commercial government model, 1916 built, shipped to russian government probably in the port of Archangels. It went in Italy in 1995 through the german Frankonia importer in horrible conditions and was restored by a friend gunsmith. It is not a "military" gun but it has seen probably more wars than many other: WWI, bolschevic revolution and WWII
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal
Air gun Revolver Trigger Gun barrel Wood
Cylinder Office supplies Gas Auto part Door
Wood Water Rectangle Gas Electric blue
Carbon Tints and shades Auto part Circle Rim
Font Handwriting Material property Parallel Paper
Hairstyle Flower Black Human Coat

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
A fantastic find. Thank you for posting pictures of an historic 1911.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I saw one of the later ones of these that had the Cyrillic writing on the left frame on Simpson's website the other day. It was a bit rough but the price was $1,900. and I thought that's not too bad for a scarce old Colt like that. It was posted just before closing time on a Saturday so I contemplated calling them up when they were open for business after the weekend. When I checked the listing a few days later they had added a zero to the price and it's now at $19,000.

Do you ever feel like you are living in the past as far as prices on some of the items we enjoy goes? I do.

·
Administrator
14,259 Posts
It looks very nice
Since you have the colt letter, it might have been better to leave it rough for such a rare documented pistol?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It looks very nice
Since you have the colt letter, it might have been better to leave it rough for such a rare documented pistol?
The gun was heavily pitted, with a lot of dings and badly reblued by the soviets. In those years, after the end of the URSS, Frankonia imported a lot of K98, P38 and Parabellums war booty all reblued. It was a common practice in the soviet arsenals. So I thinked that most of the collectible value was gone. Despite the frosted barrel it shoots well.
Liquid Automotive lighting Wood Shade Water
Handwriting Font Circle Plant Art

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
That bore looks almost exactly like the one that came on my 1927 Argentine pistol. I was amazed when I shot it with 225 grain cast bullets. Unbelievably accurate so 30 years later, it still has that barrel in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts