Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this one last week. It came from a fellow in California who is selling off his collection. At first it was hard to get 'cause the price kept moving, but I finally nailed it. The buyer told me that the stock was not matched but I figured I could sell that off to recoup some of the cost.

Download Attachment: MVC-002F.JPG
55.37KB

Download Attachment: MVC-003F.JPG
53.43KB

Download Attachment: MVC-004F.JPG
54.17KB

It's not an ordinary run-of-the-mill commercial

Download Attachment: MVC-005F.JPG
60.42KB

It's got an importer's mark though

Download Attachment: MVC-006F.JPG
81.96KB

The sequence of proofing and "GERMANY" marking is disclosed by the presence of halos.

Download Attachment: MVC-007F.JPG
73.23KB

Download Attachment: MVC-008F.JPG
85.25KB

Download Attachment: MVC-009F.JPG
46.16KB

Download Attachment: MVC-010F.JPG
49.5KB

The stock has a small repair near the iron which is not numbered.

Download Attachment: MVC-011F.JPG
60.59KB

As for selling off the stock...I quickly dropped that notion.

Download Attachment: MVC-012F.JPG
63.21KB

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Then the following week, as though the ghost of Montezuma was watching out for lonesome Lugers, this piece arrived from Mexico by way of Texas.

Download Attachment: MVC-013F.JPG
53.73KB

Download Attachment: MVC-014F.JPG
70.47KB

Download Attachment: MVC-015F.JPG
55.28KB

It seems that it has never had a pistol in it.

Download Attachment: MVC-016F.JPG
70.67KB

Download Attachment: MVC-017F.JPG
70.61KB

Mounted using attaching leather made by the late Ed Sayre.

Download Attachment: MVC-018F.JPG
61.25KB

Download Attachment: MVC-019F.JPG
63.69KB

Download Attachment: MVC-020F.JPG
67.68KB

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,819 Posts
George,

Congratulations with this superb commercial artillery, and your instructive presentation. Indeed, you should keep the stock, as it was without doubt sold with this Luger by Stoeger. I do have some old Stoeger catalogues, were this model + stock was offered (much cheaper as what you had to pay I fear) :)
If you do not have such material, I could send you a copy of the page.

This model (export) is non existant in Europe. Understandable, because they all went to your beautiful country. And this specimen is looking like it came yesterday from Stoegers!

2. I just read your second presentation, and guess what? Yesterday a nice fellow offered me a shortened artillery holster (Bender page 198), with exactly the same stamping inside the flap like yours...
Maker, year and the number 135 ! I bought it, but do you have any idea about this 135 code?

·
Registered
14,166 Posts
Hi Geo,

Great looking LP-08 rig and I just love that holster...thanks for posting.

I have not followed/studied the Stoeger lugers much...but have seen most with the "genuine luger patent" verbage along the right side frame rail...

Can you make me smarter on when the "patent" verbage appeared or disappeared...from the Stoegers ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.