Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!
Does anybody knows what the h..... this Luger holster is...???
please pay attention due to the significant typical inprint of a Luger and the typical pocket for the assembly tool (Schlüsseltäschchen)...
when this Luger holster was found a rosty DWM 1917 was innert/stored.

Inside the flap there is a name: Rich...

I believe this is a commercial Luger holster from the US because the US is the place with the most "Rich" (see screenshot)

What do you think?

Tom

Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number

Brown Wood Insect Grey Hardwood
Brown Wood Grey Floor Flooring
Wood Headgear Artifact Font Metal
Wood Water Grey Automotive tire Tire
Wood Denim Bumper Font Sleeve

·
Super Moderator
4,806 Posts
The style looks more like French to me.

It also reminds me of the Mars artillery holsters.

Reactions: lugerholsterrepair

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello Tom,

Perhaps you can take a look in the A. Vanderlinden book FN Browning Pistols of 2013, there is a holster (FN 1905/06) pictured on page Color 28 that has a similar style and leatherwork. Maybe that will help you on your way.

Regards,

Marck

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hi, I collect US made Luger holsters (for the Navy length gun) and I've never come across anything as crude as the one you show. The name "Rich" means nothing, Richard Wagner the composer was probably called "Rich" by his many pals and family.
Norm Brown Wood Cuisine Font Metal

·
Registered
43 Posts
Very similar to some of the holsters shown as “miscellaneous” in volume III of Gortz and Sturgess. There are also some differences but the basic body and flap design is very close to one example in particular as is the style and location of the tool holder. I am pretty sure it is not US made. I lean towards it being a German made private purchase or perhaps more likely WWI occupation Belgian or French made for German use. Corduroy leather was popular for some decades leading up to WWI and saw some use during that war for officer items like map cases and holsters and other similar items both in England and on the continent.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hello,
Never seen such P08 holster but I know at least three corduroy LP08 holsters. One is in the Sayre's book page 96 and it is said as commercial one , another was forum member Laoshi75 property and mine which is WW1 régimented and 1915 dated.
Brown Rectangle Wood Font Metal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts