Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Wow, that pocket holster is stunning! I would love to find something like it, I have never seen it in this material! No idea on the marking, sorry!

Anthony

Reactions: Edward Tinker

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Very intriguing pistol, holster and marking. I need to add an FN 1905 to the collection.

The BU prefix number is yet to be identify, but some of the more experienced minds will guess that it represents a post-war paramilitary or policing unit.

I cannot see the marking on your gun, but you can tell me if it is in the same font as found on my CZ27. In the thread linked below, there is mention of an FN High Power with the marking. And I have seen the marking on a French MAB-D model (if memory serves) on another forum.

Identify Police/Unit Mark on War-Time CZ27?

Gun barrel Trigger Gun accessory Air gun Everyday carry

Trigger Gun barrel Air gun Combat pistol shooting Gun accessory

Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Automotive tire Hood

·
Administrator
14,061 Posts
Oh, that is a cool holster. I've heard of and have seen them on-line, but never in real life.
Nice 1905

Ed

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very intriguing pistol, holster and marking. I need to add an FN 1905 to the collection.

The BU prefix number is yet to be identify, but some of the more experienced minds will guess that it represents a post-war paramilitary or policing unit.

I cannot see the marking on your gun, but you can tell me if it is in the same font as found on my CZ27. In the thread linked below, there is mention of an FN High Power with the marking. And I have seen the marking on a French MAB-D model (if memory serves) on another forum.

Identify Police/Unit Mark on War-Time CZ27?

View attachment 656924
View attachment 656925
View attachment 656926
Martin , thank you very much , YES font is identical !
Camera accessory Camera lens Automotive lighting Carbon Tints and shades

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Martin , thank you very much , YES font is identical ! View attachment 656935
Font looks the same, for sure.

Just to add a couple of thoughts:

1. All four BU-prefix numbers I have observed are in the 5000 and 6000 range. That doesn't preclude that there are numbers earlier or later, as there are only 4 examples in the sample size.

2. All four guns with the BU prefix are of different makes and war-time or earlier construction, suggesting there was no specific production run for the purpose of populating sidearms for this group

·
Registered
39 Posts
Neat rig and purse holster. My family had a gift shop from the early 1900's through 1970's and I remember a lot of purses just like that one with the various leather styles, beaded, metallic, etc. I would guess someone took one of those style purses and custom sewed it to fit.

KK

·
Registered
891 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts