Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of the Russian captured Lugers I purchased when they hit the market several years ago. It's a 1940 dated 42 code that has all matching numbers except for the magazine. What should the correct magazine look like? I have one nonmatching mag with an aluminum bottom and one nonmatching mag with a black plastic magazine. I would just like to display the gun with a magazine as close to correct as possible.

·
Copper Bullet Member
977 Posts
Tom,

The "correct" magazine will depend on the serial number, both the numerical portion and suffix letter. The suffix is located on the front of the frame under the barrel, just below the numbers.

If the suffix doesn't exist or it's an a, b, c or z try to find a magazine with an aluminum bottom and marked with an eagle-over-655. Any magazine marked with a "122" and an eagle-over-37 would also work. Try to find a magazine that has the same suffix as the Luger. The latter magazines are a far superior design.

G

·
Re: 1940-42 magazines
The 1940-42 Luger was born in the - y - block and was also assembled in the - z - block in concert with the last 1939-42 pistols. These - y - and - z - block pistols should have a 2-MM-SE5 magazine (Rolled tin blue body with a solid aluminum base). The base of this magazine will have a SE-655 acceptance. The 122 code, concave pinned aluminum magazines with the extruded body appeared in the early 1940 ns block with the 1940-42 pistols. I have never recorded a 122 code magazine with a serial number or suffix fitting the 1939-42 pistol. Many of these 122 code 1940 Luger magazines in the -ns - through - f - block will have an additional SE-37 on the magazine base. The SE-655 accepted magazines were used jointly until the - d - block.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.