Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a couple of questions for you folks who have a really late CYQ P38. I'm looking at purchasing an a prefix pistol, near mint conditon, all matching. One question is the locking block under the barrel. It is matching numbers, but is blued instead of polished bright like the AC/BYF pistol blocks that I've seen. Also the finish to the frame is very rough. Does anyone have any comments about what an a prefix cyq should look like in terms of finish, locking block, etc?

Thanks

Sniper

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Sniper,

There are CYQ pistols with blued locking blocks, most likely from an outside vendor at the time. Make sure the locking pin in the barrel is not blued and the springs are all in the white. The rough finish is typical of Spreewerk made guns.

Mark

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Here is an example of the rough finish for the CYQ guns. Notice that these consecutive serial numbered guns have differences in the slide machining. Typical of this variation is the cog hammer and stamped slide release. Both guns have the same variation of jvd magazine. The guns have been together since manufacture in March of 1945, most likely taken out of a crate of unissued guns.

Download Attachment: CYQconsecutiveserial1.jpg
297.99KB

G

·
For what it's worth I have a b prefix cvq pistol, 2600range, my guess is early April? 1945, anyway near the end! . The locking block is a pale blue, as I believe are many in these are. I think it was supplied this way as it has been ground to fit and the grindings are in the white..therefore fitted after blueing? (Maybe a subcontract?)
Finish on the pistol is fairly rough, but not as rough as some I've seen. Internally the finish is as good or better than my byf 44 and ac43 examples.
John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.