Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm looking at a cz24 holster that has T6A stamped into the leather under the top flap. Does anyone know what this stands for? I have done some research and found that "P6A" means Army Infantry, "D" means Artillery, and "CSP" means Czech Postal System. Ant help would be greatly appreciated. I'm actually looking for one that is dated 1939 or 1940 but this 1937 dated one may have to do.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Not sure whether the "T" marked CZ.24 discussed on another post here on luger.gunboards is a "matching" candidate for this holster, but I suppose it's possible. <Here is the link>

Alternatively, the holster "T" marking might relate to:

T = Traintruppe and Anstalten or Trainpersonal
T = Militarabteilung der Tierarztlichen Hochschule
T = Signal Battalion on Czech weapons

....... according to the author of the website hungariae.com <link here> even though the holster is post A-H Empire

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
difficult to say without additional information. Pictures would help. Some times there are known Czech unit marks stamped into holsters, some times central stores unit marks, sometimes ink stamps sometimes steel stamps. sometimes ink stamp with lion and date. Is the stamp outlined in a box?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
sorry I cant make anything out. The numbers in the Box are the date of 1937. I see a name stamped in the center but I cant make out enough letters. it appears to be a city maybe ? (Bohu?? Stag?? Klato??) Then I also see a a metal mark stamped into the top but depending on which photo I look at it looks different. I think if you look at it upside down I see a T8A which would be a storage unit then course the 5579 was either an inventory number or it it matched the serial number of the gun. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your additional info Sam. I appreciate it. When you say "storage unit", is that an "armory"? This holster is stamped T6A. Would that mean that T6A would be a storage unit as you indicated T8A was? Thanks again. Rob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts