Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
894 Posts
. . . SN 251xxx should have been made around the fall of 1943; Any thoughts on this? JGW
I think it's a legitimate 44 Commercial. Your concern about the 44 versus the serial number doesn't take into account the path the CZ27 took. Commercial delivered CZ27 firearms made during WWII were not proofed in the factory in Ceska Zbrojovka factory located in Strakonice, Czechoslovakia, as was the case for German Army (WaA76), Navy (E/M), and Police (E/K) CZ27s. Wartime commercial firearms were transported to Praha (Prague) some 70 miles (113 km) away and proofed with the Lion/N proof mark at the Praha proof house. It went through an exception process, being pulled from Army production, transported for proof, transported back, and completed. Commercial guns were not the priority, so it most likely sat around for extended periods of time. I know of another 44 Commercial that has a serial number 218XXX, much earlier than the one you are considering. The price on the one you are considering is on the high side given the grips. I believe they should be Bakelite, like Army production.

·
Silver Bullet Member
894 Posts
I saw it on Guns International (#102012230 ). It appears to be the same Seller (Vintage Firearms, Inc.) who listed the gun on both sites. The Guns International listing still shows as being available, while the Guns America is indeed marked as SOLD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts