Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help with date of manufacture of a CZ 27 (.32 calibur) S.N. 205XX with holster (it only has 5 digits). It has matching numbers on all parts and nazi marks. Holster is dated 1942 with nazi marks. The other pistol I need a date for is an FN Browning 9 m/m (.380ACP) S.N 451XX. All numbers match. No nazi marks. The holster for this pistol is stamped MC 1933. Holster has the flap for a cleaning tool but no cleaning tool. Any info would be appreciated. I'm glad I found this forum!!

· Registered
132 Posts
The Cz-27 dates to mid to early 41. Its real tough to date the earlier pistols. rumor has it the german production started at around 20000. Would you be willing to share any more detail photos of the pistol and holster. Holster does not look like a normal Cz-27 holster and looks more police like then Military.

Robert

· Registered
132 Posts
Lonnie,

That is one of my holy grail guns right next to a couple of Huggiebears guns that are within 1000 guns of yours. I have 20450 that has all the Czech pre war Slanted grooves and Ceska address on the slide. My pistol has no proofs and a professionally engraves name on the pistol. Your pistol is one of the very first Bohmische marked pistols. Some where very near these serial numbers are where all the no serial number guns were made as well.

Can you tell me more about the markings on the barrel? Is the Nazi firing proof visible thru the ejection port? Is the barrel WaA76 marked on the bottom of the barrel just forward of the locking lugs?

I also have the very same holster that your pistol came in. I have always assumed it was a police pistol. One of my earlier Cz-27's came in my Otto Sindel Berlin 1942 Holster as well. The marking above the maker mark on my holster is clearly the Police mark.

Outstanding Pistol, cherish it greatly. I know I would!

Robert

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Robert, I filled out the CZ 27 form that you had a link to just a few minutes ago. I can't remeber how to take the gun apart to see what is on the barrel and I don't know what you mean by "proofs". I will try to disassemble when I have a few minutes.

· Registered
2,862 Posts
The holster for the FN 1922 pistol looks to be a holster used for the Dutch contract. Are there any markings on the inside of the holster?

Not much detail can be seen on the Model 1922 pistol, so pictures of the markings are needed before a definite determination could be made. But considering the holster and the low serial number, it is possible that is was a Dutch contract piece made in 193x or 192x.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I notice the numbers on the bottom of the magazine are different from the serial number of the pistol. I want to thank (many kudos) Robert AKA Bohemian for all of his help with the CZ 27. He informed me that my CZ 27 is the lowest serial number that he has data on for a CZ 27 with the type of slide that it has. Thanks everyone for all the info on the FN Browning and the CZ 27. Anyone else care to give me a value of the FN Browning or CZ 27?

· Registered
2,862 Posts
Your FN Model 1922 was part of the Dutch contract. Your pictures show that the crown over over W on top of the barrel is marked for Queen Wilhelmina who was queeen from 1898 to 1948. It was designated the M25 No 2 by the Dutch.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks cpw. Are there any records to indicate when in the 20's or 30's this pistol was made? This is really a nice piece with only a gouge in the left grip and a bit of blueing wear from sliding it in and out of a holster. Does not look to have been shot much and has no rust or pits. A friend's dad took it from a german soldier and then carried it throughout his duration during the war....or so I was told. My friend is going to send me a WWII photo of his dad wearing this pistol and the brown holster seen with it in top photo above.

· Registered
67 Posts
quote:Originally posted by LDThornton

I found an excellent web site for the FN Browning 1922. It can be viewed here: http://www.cruffler.com/historic-may01.html If I read it right, my FN Browning was ordered in 1939. I am also lead to believe that it was never delivered to the Dutch because of the German invasion of 1940.
Hello,
No, your 1922 was delivered and accepted. It would not have had the Dutch accaptance marking on the back if it had not been delivered. The article you mention was written by Adam Firestone who used The Belgian Browning Pistols as his reference (with authorization).

· Registered
67 Posts
See page 139 of The Belgian Browning Pistols for the list of accepting officers and their markings.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.