Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I am curious to know the time periods these magazines date to. Pre-War/Early, Mid-War, or Late-War by the floor plates.

Mag style 1 - plain

Mag style 2 - serial numbered

Mag style 3 - P. MOD. 27

Thank you,
Vince

Attachments

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Vince...the plain bottoms are post war. the P.Mod 27 are wartime . the serial numbered ones are iffy. some are actually pre-war CZ24 mags that people mistake for CZ27 mags as the .380 mags fit in the .32 cal gun. a lot of times you will even see CZ24 mags in a CZ27 and vice versa. That is why the Germans then also marked the bottoms of mags they produced P.Mod 24 and P.Mod 27 becuase the CZ24's were still being utilized. then you still have the CZ27 that were issued to police and then those did get serialized to the gun. so, my guess is in your pic you posted you have a CZ24 mag. the best way to check is at the tops. the lips holding in the shells will be wider for the 380.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Vince... price is always a tough call on anything. It really depends of someone is in need of one to fill a rig. just like the guns themselves. I have a type 94 all matched Nambu including the mag with a correct holster and its priced where the gun itself should be and haven't had any takers. If someone is in need you should be able to get between $75 to $100 for the P.MOD.27 marked mags. I have seen them as cheap as $45 at a gunshow. condition does make a difference as well on those prices. so if its dinged up or a lot of blue loss closer to the $45. excellent shape closer to $100. but thats just my observations. again, you need to find that person needing one.

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Wood Rectangle Font Electric blue Tints and shades

Green Rectangle Wood Font Door

Green Rectangle Automotive exterior Metal Nickel

Helmet Automotive tire Automotive lighting Synthetic rubber Bumper

Wood Rectangle Gas Water Hardwood

Vince...the plain bottoms are post war. the P.Mod 27 are wartime . the serial numbered ones are iffy. some are actually pre-war CZ24 mags that people mistake for CZ27 mags as the .380 mags fit in the .32 cal gun. a lot of times you will even see CZ24 mags in a CZ27 and vice versa. That is why the Germans then also marked the bottoms of mags they produced P.Mod 24 and P.Mod 27 becuase the CZ24's were still being utilized. then you still have the CZ27 that were issued to police and then those did get serialized to the gun. so, my guess is in your pic you posted you have a CZ24 mag. the best way to check is at the tops. the lips holding in the shells will be wider for the 380.
Sam, what have I here ?

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Hessian, I would say you have a post-war, probably early post-war mag. The Czechs did not mark the toe in that manner. Neither did the Germans. Take a look at the pic I took. It shows the comparison of a pre-war Cz24 mag on the right. The top of the follower has a ridge which only extends about 3/4's of the top of the follower and the lip on the mag only extends about 1/2 the distance of the mag. The one on the left is a German made Cz27. It shows a lip that that extends further along the top of the mag and that ridge extends almost to the end of the top of follower, almost identical to yours. SO, that would tell me since they kept the same design as the Germans post-war BUT its not marked on the bottom P.MOD 27, it probably is really early post war. Which would make sense if they issued 3 mags in a rig for like Police use, who were in the practice of numbering the mags. That would be my guess but honestly, I never saw one marked on the toe like that before so its my best guess.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Most people are concluding that this is a post war example. I appreciate the time folks took to comment and provide photos for comparison. Always nice to get sound and thoughtful responses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts