Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends:

I found a CZ27 serial #239222 at a local shop. It seems to be in nice shape, yet I know nothing about these pistols.

It does have eagle/wAa but do not remember what is was. Could someone give me some information on this pistol.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

George

Download Attachment: 100_4688.jpg
90.48KB

Download Attachment: 100_4686.jpg
72.96KB

Download Attachment: 100_4748.jpg
60.71KB

Download Attachment: 100_5139.jpg
80.89KB

Download Attachment: 100_5147.jpg
111.83KB

Download Attachment: 100_5148.jpg
76.61KB

Download Attachment: 100_5190.jpg
70.2KB

Download Attachment: 100_5193.jpg
60.22KB

·
Platinum Bullet Member 2012
953 Posts
George,
I did a search for CZ27 under "German: Foreign Mfg. Pistols and Holsters" and came up with several topics related to your query. That might hold you until someone replies to your post.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
In 1939 the Germans occupied Czechoslovakia. The CZ or vz 27 was in commercial production before the war but had sort of lack luster sales. The Germans incouraged sales of Czech weapons to countries friendly to the axis. By 1941, the Germans took over complete production of the Cz 27, manufacturing approximately 452,500.(Berger), 433,000 (Whittington). German serial number production started at #20,500. Manufacturing ended very early in 1945?(German). It is an interesting pistol to collect since there are early high polish blue models, transition (blue slide phosphate receiver) and all phosphate (very light coating, almost looks like it is in the white) models among others. Originally the top of the slide was marked Czeska Zbrojovka (pre-occupation and again after 1945/46) and the German wording "Bohmische Waffenfabrik". This is a little disjointed but you can find lots of info in Whittington's German Pistols and Holsters 1934-1945, and R.J. Berger's "Know your Czechoslovakian Pistols". In addition, the resident Czech expert, Jan Balcar, may interject any correction needed to my info.

Dave

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dear Friends:

Regarding my above post regarding CZ27 serial #239222, should this pistol have the serial number stamped on the front right side of the frame?

Could someone tell me where would I check on this pistol to see if numbers are all matching.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

George

·
Registered
410 Posts
quote:Originally posted by George

.....CZ27 serial #239222, should this pistol have the serial number stamped on the front right side of the frame?
I have seen some pistols in SN range 200 000 - 240 000 without SN on frame. Mostly are rough machined with dull blueing.

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
George
Axis Pistols pages 54, 58-62 has information on the Cz 27. Serial number 239222 is the BOHMISCHE Variation described on page 62 with an estimated production of 31,000.
Jan

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would appreciate if someone could advise why some of the CZ 27 magazines have unmarked floor plate?

The CZ model 27 I assume was accepted in 1927.

However when did they into production?
Were the floor plates of the magazines blank or marked P.Mod 27?
When did Germany occupy the CZ plant?
Someone told me that the early CZ 27 magazines all had blank floor plates.
Why were some of the holsters blank and others marked P Mod 27 and dated?
Why were some of the holster brown as I thought all had to be black?

Thanks in advance for responding to my questions.

Regards,

George

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,688 Posts
George,
The Germans occupied Czechoslovakia in 1939.It wasn't until 1941 that all pistol production was claimed by the German military. Most pre-war production beginning in 1927 was for civilian or police sales. By 1938 only 15000 had been sold....there was too much competion from cheap Spanish pistols. To the best of my knowledge, POST WAR magazines have blank floorplates. There are many types of CZ 27 holsters out there. The real CZ 27 holster IS marked and dated. Many if not most of the look alikes were made for 34 Beretta's etc. (Huggie bear's info). The black holsters are mostly pebblegrained and do have codes stamped on the rear belt loop, although difficult to make out. You know everything after a certain date was dyed black. The dated CZ holsters I have are all 1941 dated. People say that all Luftwaffe holsters are brown...maybe the Luftwaffe was using these guns. Remember Krieghof holsters are brown too!! Maybe Huggie or Jan will jump in here and bail me out. ;))

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.