Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, another question for the board. In the same collection, I picked up a CZ 38 with two matching mags. ONe mag is marked with the last three digits of the serial number on the baseplate toe over 1, the other with the last three digits of the serial number on the toe 2. My other rig has un-numbered mags. This resembles police style markings, but the pistol and holster don't have the eagle L/K that you would expect. Any ideas on what this could be? I've never heard that the german police used the cz 38 and there are no Finish markings, etc.

I also bought an astra 300 with two matcing mags, and didn't pay a premium for either pistol.

Thanks

Sniper

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I have never seen nor heard of a numbered magazine for either the CZ-38 or your Astra 300 but I have seen a number of pistols of late that have numbered magazines where heretofore, they were never seen with such. I remain skeptical and would suspect that someone is enchancing the sales poetional. Just my opinion.

kk

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that too, however the font of each set of mags is different, and the selling price was that of a nice pistol, not a pistol with two matching mags. Also, there were several pistols in that collection that might have had numbered mags that weren't, and you would have paid through the nose for if they were with two matched mags, like a ppk or pp.

Quite a question.

Sniper

1 - 3 of 3 Posts