Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going through the safe I came upon this forgotten pistol. It does not have any German markings on it but does have some added notches to the grip frame. Were they used by the Germans without receiving various inspector markings?

·
Premium Member
2,760 Posts
I believe that if it was supplied to the Germans under a military contract, it would have German Waffenamt acceptance markings.

Many of these were provided to the SA in Finland during the war. Mine is about 2000 sn later than yours, and was marked for the Finnish:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Legend is majority of these were used by Germans far from front lines, in postal services, general security etc. There are 2 very rare variations: B prefix, manufactured during late wartime and another batch Nazi marked for Luftwaffe. Btw and on your gun the firing pin retainer isn’t the original.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, especially about the fp retainer. Anybody have a picture of what an original fp retainer looks like?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Gazz, you have a nice Cz38 there. as As Rtop mentioned the firing pin retainer is not correct. To answer your question, all the CZ38's were martailly accepted for Czech service in 39 as yours is, however were un-issued at the point the Germans invaded. The Germans took possession and distributed them throughout their service lines as well as other countries like Finland as Marc mentioned but there is no documentation left to tell who got what. Then there are the B prefix guns which are attributed to being manufactured while under German Control as well as a few have shown up with waffenamts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts