Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,764 Posts
You have a rarely encountered CZ-27 with the U-prefix serial. I had to look back through the archives to find a few examples posted here. U is for UBUNG, which indicates for training purpose.

Early cz 27 for review & thoughts

UBUNG CZ27 with Holster

U marked CZ27's

The holster is an excellent condition pebble grain style for medium frame sidearms. Great piece to have. Thank you for showing it here!

· Super Moderator
3,177 Posts
I delivered a lecture in Liege a few years ago about one of the the designers of this pistol, Josef Nickl, who worked for Mauser in Oberndorf. When Mauser passed on this refined design, Nickl brought it to CZ.

· Registered
64 Posts
You have a rarely encountered CZ-27 with the U-prefix serial. I had to look back through the archives to find a few examples posted here. U is for UBUNG, which indicates for training purpose.

Early cz 27 for review & thoughts

UBUNG CZ27 with Holster

U marked CZ27's

The holster is an excellent condition pebble grain style for medium frame sidearms. Great piece to have. Thank you for showing it here!
would that mean it unsafe to fire or not meant to be a front line pistol? Kind of like the DP marked British enfields and P14s?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it possible that the "training" the "UBUNG" refers to was either for factory workers or inspectors? Given the condition of this and the other existing "U" marked examples I think its unlikely these pistols ever saw any field or troop training use.

· Registered
2,165 Posts
I was watching that one closely, tempted to grab it for myself :) but a little higher than I wanted it to be at. A very rare gun indeed.

· Registered
1,764 Posts

· Registered
2,331 Posts
wow....thanks for sharing a rare bird indeed and in immaculate shape! Congrats! as for the discussion on prices....don't even get me started. that $3,025 was probably a bargain considering I recently saw a CZ27 with the extended barrel and proper holster sell for $4500. I would love to know where this insane pricing will stop.

· Registered
2,165 Posts
wow....thanks for sharing a rare bird indeed and in immaculate shape! Congrats! as for the discussion on prices....don't even get me started. that $3,025 was probably a bargain considering I recently saw a CZ27 with the extended barrel and proper holster sell for $4500. I would love to know where this insane pricing will stop.
Sam, that seems to be about right for the suppressor ready CZ-27s. A few years back I saw one go for $4250, without the holster. But CZ-27s in general have definitely gone up, Simpson has an E/K example for $3200, which is pure insanity. Pre98 has had several admittedly rare and nice examples listed for similarly absurd prices. But yes, you are right that the $3025 was probably a bargain, especially in hindsight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.