Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this some days ago. I've never seen matching mags with a CZ38. Is there an explaination for this or has anyone seen mags like this before.
The type of stamping is the same like on the "German" CZ27 police guns. So it should be authentic.
Any comments are apreciated

Günter

Attachments

· Registered
3,188 Posts
I have a similar CZ-38. Mine is dated 1939 and is ser.#256979. The magazine is identical to yours and is #250677 with a small Roman numeral II above it. It has a spare mag that is not numbered. The number fonts and placement are the same as yours.
Tim H.

· Registered
3,188 Posts
I have no idea about the reasoning for numbering. Possibly something to do with the German occupation?
Tim

· Registered
457 Posts
Tim,

fine there are others. So it was not the "hobby" of a German soldier.
Any idea about the reason for numbering?

Günter
Günter,

I imagine the simple explanation is that these magazines are serial number matched to the pistol, perhaps because the contractor specified that each pistol be manufactured for issue with matched magazines.

The many non-serial numbered magazines floating around (including mine) may be spares or were made to fill a contract that did not specify serializing the magazines.

Tim

· Registered
457 Posts
A question I pose to my fellow Vz.38 pistol owners is, has anyone seen or do they own a Vz.38 pistol not dated "39". I myself have never seen one. Whittington does mention on page 113, Vol. II of "German Pistols and Holsters, 1934-1945: Military, Police, NSDAP" that some were dated "41" and fell in the 250,000 to 291,000 serial range.

Tim

· Registered
3,188 Posts
Of the hundred I have looked at over the years I have only seen a "39" date.
Tim H.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.