Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Silver Bullet Member
1,011 Posts
Here is mine for reference. I bought it from Val Berman who used to post on this site, I'm not sure it he still does. These are his for-sale pics. My notes don't mention if it has a WaA76 stamp on the barrel. I could dig it out, but it will be a while before I could get to it.
By all visible markings, it is a match to the others I have seen. Thanks for posting.

· Registered
2,310 Posts
well, that was worth the wait. The condition is amazing. I have never seen one on person, but have seen pictures of two previously. The gun does exhibit early production features. I agree we will never know exactly the reason or purpose of these. Very possible like Roger mentioned, they were made at the same time of the "U" marked guns. They also were unnumbered and the "U" serial added after finishing with electro pencil. I doubt they made at the initial take over of the factory as The Czechs had already produced a small number of CZ27's when they were finishing up the end of the CZ24's. Those are numbered and CZ accepted. Plus, we do have serial numbered CZ24's with waffenamts along with unnumbered CZ24's when the Germans were finishing them up assembling remaining 24's with left over parts. Therefore, I could see these being pulled for specific uses and were either intended to be sterile for possible espionage use or to be electro penciled like the "U" guns but for whatever reason never did. Either way a very nice addition and great example! Congrats.

· Registered
142 Posts
Hessian,
Beautiful pistol and thank you for sharing!

I have an intact rig (I believe), sn 362174, w/ fnh slide. Not as high finish as yours, but I have to say it is one of the smoothest shooting and intuitive pointing pistols compared to others in this class.

Scott

· Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Scott,
That sounds really good, if you get time share with us. These are great pistols, I'm on a crash course to learn more about them.

Reactions: Scutter

· Registered
142 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I decided to go to the local indoor range to shoot an array of 7.65mm I’ve collected for the first and only time for these particular models.
Models I took out to the range:
1. CZ-27 (pictured above)
2. Walther PP (pre-war)
3. Sauer 38H (I replaced the cocker/decocker spring, by the way it held, but discovered an extractor issue.)
4. Mauser HSC (post-war model)
5. Mauser 1934 (war manufactured)

I was the most surprised by the CZ-27. Not the prettiest belle of the ball and certainly the sturdiest and nicest to hold & shoot!

· Silver Bullet Member
1,011 Posts
We finally made it home from Tulsa and it was a good trip, here is one of the items brought home . . . .
I feel like Hessian and I are in a race . . . and he is winning! JGW
Between the two of you, there isn't a safe CZ27 in the wild! ;)

· Premium Member
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
JGW.. I actually felt bad today that I won the auction last night. Yet I think or rather assume there was another bidder above you that I was bidding against.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts