Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Maybe this can be a sticky?

I am starting a serial number databases on Imperial proofed Bayard 1908 pistols, only those without Liege proofs / German proof. The goal is to determine about how many were made during the war and also what the serial number range is...

Please post or PM me your serial number, I never share names of owners with anybody.

Thanks for your help!
Anthony

·
Registered
290 Posts
Mine is number 190418. They must have produced more than you would expect judging by their apparent scarcity as opposed to the difference in the 2 numbers supplied so far.

Mike

·
Platinum Bullet member
6,077 Posts
Anthony, you can add 180526.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks and please keep it coming... Replies from me will be slow as I am in the hospital after a bad accident. I have weeks of rehab left before I can get out of the wheel chair.
Anthony

·
Registered
136 Posts
Three examples from past auctions

You may have already thought of this Anthony, but I searched past auctions on gunbroker and gunauction. I found three additional examples of Prussian marked Bayard 1908 pistols with serial numbers 174668, 174113, and 110392. I have attached pdf versions of the relevant auctions with photos. The recent buyer of 174668 has placed the pistol back up for auction; it closes on April 30, 2014:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=412390547

View attachment Bayard 1908-174668.pdf View attachment Bayard 1908-174113.pdf View attachment Bayard 1908-110392.pdf

·
Registered
76 Posts
Anthony--
I hope you will be able to reschedule your presentation to the Virginia Gun Collectors Association on these interesting pieces. If so, I will bring Imperial marked 189389 for your inspection! Take care!

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anthony, My Imperial proofed Bayard is Sn:136392...BILL
Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Anthony--
I hope you will be able to reschedule your presentation to the Virginia Gun Collectors Association on these interesting pieces. If so, I will bring Imperial marked 189389 for your inspection! Take care!
Hi, Thanks for the number. we have not discussed it yet as I am only now starting to walk but have another surgery next month. I hope to do it next year, if they will have me.

Thanks again
Anthony

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi, Thanks for the number. we have not discussed it yet as I am only now starting to walk but have another surgery next month. I hope to do it next year, if they will have me.

Thanks again
Anthony[/QUOTE]

Anthony--
We just put out an initial request for next years presentation topics at our last VGCA meeting. We would be happy and honored to hear you whenever you are ready.
--Rob

1 - 20 of 51 Posts