Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Beautiful book arrived at my post box last Wednesday & was pick-up on Saturday. I should have tried to get it earlier, as just looking at the front & back covers, you get a really good idea how well presented & written this book is.

It's 464 pages of superb photos, diagrams, copies of official documents and covers everything to do with the subject. This includes holsters & ammunition, cartridge boxes, tools & much more! It has already helped me identify my 6 rounds of ammo as being of Spandau production. I'll post photos & dates on my posting. There are English captions & translation of material throughout the book, which in my case is greatly appreciated, as I cannot read German.

This will also be my source material to try and get both my M1879 & M1883, declared as Antiques, by the Canadian Firearms Center.

I'm not up to gving this book the review it deserves, I'll leave that to more capable hands. However I can say that it is definitely a must have when it comes to Reichsrevolvers! Heinrich was also gracious enough to sign it for me:)

Download Attachment: Pictures - 24th. 002.JPG
130.79 KB

Download Attachment: Pictures - 24th. 001.JPG
132.1 KB

· Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jan;

I sent Heinrich an e-mail regarding my M1885, when he told me it was part of a 10,000 order that was shipped in 1884/1885 & asked him if this info was in his book & he said yes. I need this to get Antique status. That was 2 weeks ago & he told me then that the U.S. Agent had not yet received any copies from the publisher.

So I asked Heinrich if he would be willing to send me a signed copy right away & he agreed to do so. He said that the U.S. distributor would not have any signed copies, and I'm in to signed copies.:)

I'm glad I did because this book is terrific.

· Registered
71 Posts
I can order this book from the publisher right away, this company ships outside Germany without any problems.
If anyone wants their email address just let me know.
If they don't want to ship direct to the US, I could do this for thoose who are intrested, just send me an email

· Registered
779 Posts
Received the "Der Reichsrevolver und seine Varianten" yesterday. Excellent book, a must-have even if you don't have a Reichsrevolver in your collection yet.

I would ask the German speakers for a favor. I have been discussing the Doppelabzug Revolvers with their current and former owners. The current owner describes their functioning as "forward trigger is DA only, back trigger is SA only". However, another owner claims that the forward trigger only cocks the hammer without releasing it; the release is done by the back trigger. Which one is it, can you help clarify this issue?

Here is what the book says:

"Mit dem vorderen Abzug lasst sich die Waffe nur in der DA Funktion betatigen oder der Hahn in die Sicherheitsrast bewegen. Der Hahn lasst sich zwar von Hand in die hintere Position bringen, ein Abschlagen is mit dem vorderen Abzug jedoch nicht möglich. Fur diese Aufgabe ist ausschliesslich der kleine hintere Abzug zustandig. Die Abzugkraft bei gespanntem Hahn betragt rund 24N; er ist somit nicht als eine Art Stecher anzusehen, auch, wenn er so aussieht."

Thank you.

· Registered
963 Posts
Pavlov,
I have checked it again. With the forward trigger one can move the hammer
1) to the safety position
2) to cocking position with ca. 14 lbs
3) DA with 15 lbs
To trigger off the cocked hammer it is necessary to move it a bit back with the thumb of the other hand.
I did try without the thumb but the force was increasing to more than 25 lbs. So I stopped it to avoid damage of the lock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.