Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Determining the date of a Mauser 1914

2K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  Ken W. 
#1 ·
My latest find...

From what I've been able to dig up, this the same basic version that was in production during WWI. Are we able to narrow down a year that this might have been manufactured?

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood stain

Revolver Trigger Air gun Tool Everyday carry

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks!

Army accepted pistols will have a small acceptance mark on top of the receiver, just before the rear sight.

A commercial crown/crown U can be found on all pistols behind the rear sight.
I'll know for certain once I get it in hand (these are the seller's photos, not my own), but I think I see a commercial mark in one of the photos I've got. I don't have a great view of that bit of the gun.

#3 ·
Army accepted pistols will have a small acceptance mark on top of the receiver, just before the rear sight.

A commercial crown/crown U can be found on all pistols behind the rear sight.

Reactions: leicanthrope
#13 ·
Well, I guess I should add my assorted Mauser 1914 Serial Numbers, just in case someone's interested. If they are, please see my semi recent Posts here on the Forum should you wish any specific information pertaining to any of them ? Their respective Serial Numbers are; # 123520, # 246092, & lastly # 256545. I've always been partial to these little Mausers, as they were very prolific within the German Polizei Forces, having served from the beginning of the 'Great War', though to the end of WW2 & very possibly thereafter to an extent ?

Best, Dom P.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.