Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
White barrel is concerning but not all had blued barrels. Serial range appears correct and the Nordic marks and eagle over M are good proofs/good copies..... Any help is appreciated. 6.png 5.png 1.png 4.png 3.png 2.png 1.png 7.png

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, when I try to expand your photos it doesn't really zoom in and when I try and download them onto my computer and zoom in the pics become blurry. However, I am not getting a warm fuzzy on the marks for what I can see. No pun intended. my gut reaction is the markings are not legit, which is a shame someone messed up a beautiful pre-alpha.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Fellas,

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, when I try to expand your photos it doesn't really zoom in and when I try and download them onto my computer and zoom in the pics become blurry. However, I am not getting a warm fuzzy on the marks for what I can see. No pun intended. my gut reaction is the markings are not legit, which is a shame someone messed up a beautiful pre-alpha.
I've asked around to several of my collector friends and it's a rather famous fake for over 5 years now. Shame Sarah15 has it, as they have had some legit pieces in the past. Too bad someone buggered up a nice nice of pre-alpha history.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I don't trust Sarah15 in the slightest. I asked about some items in the past, they flat out refused to disassemble them to check for matching numbers which is of huge importance when it comes to value. They refused claiming they had never seen the model before and had no idea how to disassemble it. Did a bit of looking and they had sold several pistols of the same model that I was inquiring about previously, and they could have easily looked up how to field strip it. Seemed very fishy to me.

·
Registered
231 Posts
This one has been around the block many times. The serial number stands out like a sore thumb. I remember it because it was one of the first 5 digit NLS I saw. https://luger.gunboards.com/showthread.php?115975-Fake-Kriegsmarine-Radom-Morphy-s

sarah15 is just a middle man. They do not own the guns. Whomever got duped is trying to dump it and avoid losing face would be my guess. Either that or they're completely ignorant.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
If had the same issue with sarah15. Ask them for internal serial numbers and they say they’re too busy to disassemble a gun.... so no bids from me...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Looks like someone else already fell for it, because it shows as being sold. Bothers me that they outbid everyone else on GB, only to get it and then mark it up even more. How it works? I don't know. But they do it a lot.
Yes, I agree, it's disturbing to me as well. At least they are taking it from one market to another. There's a seller (https://luger.gunboards.com/showthread.php?117861-Gunbroker-Kriegoff-with-2-MM-s) who commonly buys on GunBroker only to relist it on GunBroker a week later.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
If had the same issue with sarah15. Ask them for internal serial numbers and they say they’re too busy to disassemble a gun.... so no bids from me...
Vote with your wallet is the best option, I feel the same. Too many red flags and unknowns.

Yes, I agree, it's disturbing to me as well. At least they are taking it from one market to another. There's a seller (https://luger.gunboards.com/showthread.php?117861-Gunbroker-Kriegoff-with-2-MM-s) who commonly buys on GunBroker only to relist it on GunBroker a week later.
That is true, and is indeed a disgrace. Unfortunately the auction links in the thread you linked no longer work, would you mind sharing the name of the seller that they are referencing? If you don't want to post, PM is fine as well. It would be much appreciated as it would be another seller to know not to do business with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts