Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Y'all
I understand the need of the Sear Safety (SCHIWY-SICHERUNG) as it is pined through the upper shelf on the barrel assembly to keep the fumble fingers from doing themselves an injury, but I have been unable to find a good set of either the plans or a disassembled pistol/cutaway of it. As to the Magazine safety was this an original part or an add on later?
Y'all have been a great font of information and very kind to assist me on my project.
Hopefully I can add to the service of Luger owners by offering a handy Owners Manual they can place in the pistol pouch and not just file it on the shelf.
Yours in service
James Acerra
Gunsmith/Armorer
ACE'S DUGOUT

Attachments

·
Administrator
14,898 Posts
It also discusses it in the FAQ

And these are ONLY on police lugers, not army, so much fewer of them (couple hundred thousand)

The sear safety and the magazine safety were only on a Few!!! Please be aware of that so we don't start getting requests from folks that they are missing the mag safety on their luger.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hello Giuliano,
Thanks for the pics. Never saw a complete Schiwy. I could see that the backwards rivet is out...
Does this mean that when the Schiwy was in place it could easily be removed ?
I thought that the back rivet held firmly the Schiwy spring.

Do we know if the measurements are ALWAYS the same in ALL the Police lugers?
I mean the distance between the little drilled holes, and the measurements of the sideplate milling ?
I could see from some photos that this sideplate milling is not always the same.
Could this mean the work was not factory done ??

Best regards

Roberto

·
Gold Bullet Member 2012
2,498 Posts
Dear Roberto,
as you can see from the first picture, the rivet was quite often, so rewriting was very solid. In this case the spring was removed intentionally.
All work to add the Schiwy Sicherung to P08 were made at the Armouries in the Police, and the size of the pieces were the same for all P08.
Saluti ed Auguri
Giuliano

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yes this has been a question on the part itself the SCHIWY Sear Safety, as well as the placement of it.
Grazie amico mio

Here is a 1941 Police xx59y "Mauser Banner" top and side view of the Sear Safety.
this has made the part clear from both views.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.