Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other interesting Luger on Hermann Histoirica´s online auction site: (my rough translation)

Lot No. 2451
DWM Presentation Luger Dr. Ley 3rd Reich
Ca. 9 mm Para, SN 2819, fully numbered except for the firing pin. Later English proof. Top of barrel engraved in Gothic „Dr. Robert Ley 1941“. On left hand side „For excellent Performance Britrish Channel Isles“. Fine ornament and grape vine engraving over the whole weapon. Approx. 50% of gold plating remain. Checkered ivory grips, inner surface stamped with various letters and „00“. Plated, sheet metal magazine with wooden base, unnumbered. Together with a dark brown pig-skin holster, as new with illegible maker´s stamp under lid.

Rober Ley, 1890-1945, Gauleiter of Cologne directed the GermanWork Front, responsible for the construction of the Atlantic defenses etc.

Because of the destruction of company records, the the SN can no longer be authenticated.

Condition II Euros 4.800,00

Download Attachment: 00444_b.jpg
70.73 KB

·
Administrator
15,091 Posts
Patrick, I moved this to 1900-1918 DWM, but it could have also gone into the 1933-1945 Mauser? Anyway, I believe the "owner" or the person who wrote it of a thread can move the thread to whereever they want. You just click on the paper and pencil icon and change the forum.

Anyway, interesting presentation gun, thanks for sharing!

Ed

·
Administrator
15,091 Posts
Patrick, I moved this to 1900-1918 DWM, but it could have also gone into the 1933-1945 Mauser? Anyway, I believe the "owner" or the person who wrote it of a thread can move the thread to whereever they want. You just click on the paper and pencil icon and change the forum.

Anyway, interesting presentation gun, thanks for sharing!

Ed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.