·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does one remove the barrel?

·
Registered
243 Posts
There is no narration in this video, but it has some nice computer generated graphics showing complete disassembly and reassembly.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read that you need a special tool to remove the barrel.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Ahhh. The nice computer graphics didn't show that part? Could be hard to find one of those special tools...

This guy made his own, but it sounds like it would be too difficult for the average owner to do:

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that that is to remove the spring retainer. The barrel looks like it has a lug that fits in a recess in the barrel extension.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any ideas how to remove it? Bueller?

Reactions: r_t_darc

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems there is an interrupted thread arrangement a la the lignose and that the barrel needs to be rotated 90 degrees. Question is how to get purchase.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
On my late Dreyse 1907 (I have not looked on an earlier example) after disassembling "the upper" and shining a flashlight inside the the "barrel shroud," I can see that the "ring" around the base of the barrel (see red arrows) is "keyed" seemingly for a tool to be inserted from the front end of the pistol to be unscrewed from the breechblock. Removal thereof must take quite a bit of torque and make sure you are turning the tool in the correct direction - Good luck !

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Oh boy Ed, what have you gotten yourself into this time? ;)

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd like to know how the damn thing comes apart. I am a man with a mission.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Loos like the ejector is positioned to prevent the barrel from turning. I thought that you might get a pin punch in there to start the turning process but there is no room.

I see no bosses or anything that might give purchase to a tool.

Interesting problem whose solution will result in an expression of "oh yeah, thats obvious".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts