Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
7,583 Posts
I do not have an Imperial proofed Dreyse, but I do have serial number 368 that has the very early type cocking serrations on a panel that extends down from the slide and over the frame. I haven't seen any other examples of this type, but I do have photocopy of a page from an early ALFA catalog (don't know the date) that shows this variation as a "Polizeimodell" and offers it for sale for Mark 60.-.

Dreyse Left.jpg

Dreyse Right.jpg

If it is made after 1918...it is a reproduction.

· Registered
7,583 Posts
Dan,
If Jan sends you a picture, could you post it here please? My copy of Mathews is in storage, so I don't have access to it right now. What is the serial number of the Dreyse in that reference and does it have the cocking serrations on a panel like mine? It would appear that the second variation starts somewhat higher than serial number 300 since I think mine is a first variation and its serial number is 368. I have no documentation, but in discussions over the years I have been led to believe that the first 500 pieces had the panel, and then it was eliminated to greatly simplify machining. I hope your research can better establish the serial number ranges of the different variations. Good luck.

If it is made after 1918...it is a reproduction.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts