c/n
angled serrations in the raised type
this one has some pitting but, I can't see where there was ever an address
applied

Thanks,
Jay

· Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Question: is the K.S. Gend description independent of the L.G. inscription? That is to say can you have one without the other?

· Premium Member
933 Posts
The "Königliche Sachsiche Gendarmerie" (K.S. Gend.) included the national police force "Landgendarmerie" as explained by Don Maus HWIS page 210. On page 214 it is made clear that marking of weapons was standardized following a 1921-22 reorganization and "L.G." is the observed marking for the "Land Gerndarmerie"

· Premium Member
1,158 Posts
So then, is this correct?
K.S.Gend has the term "Royal" in it and was not used post 1918 (after the abdication) when it was replaced by "LG".
A weapon with both terms was in use pre and post 1918. One with just LG was in use post 1918.

The terms refer to the same units of armed officials.

Yes?

· Registered
2,167 Posts
So then, is this correct?
K.S.Gend has the term "Royal" in it and was not used post 1918 (after the abdication) when it was replaced by "LG".
A weapon with both terms was in use pre and post 1918. One with just LG was in use post 1918.

The terms refer to the same units of armed officials.

Yes?
Ed, that sounds correct to me. I would also add that a weapon with just K.S.Gend was used only pre-reorganization.

· Premium Member
1,158 Posts
<snip>

Still's Volume I estimates the range for Imperial proofed Dreyses to run from 113324 to 190775. I'd like to expand this range and have posted Imperial proofed #194652 below. I'd also like to know if strictly commercial pistols are intermixed within this range. In essence, I want to learn everything possible regarding the Dreyse Model 1907 pistols and need members' help to do so.
Just a note on this. I own imperial proofed #198967 which is currebty the higest sn associated with such a mark (at least in our DB).

The range for these marks is 66871 to 198967. Note that there are non-marked examples in this series.

· Registered
1,154 Posts
Ed, that sounds correct to me. I would also add that a weapon with just K.S.Gend was used only pre-reorganization.
I wouldn’t think that such weapons with only Imperial/Royal police markings would have been removed from inventory by selling. If so, surely the official property marks would have been cancelled. A nice Imperial Berlin police marked Dreyse was just shown with bring back tag. I can only think they escaped the re-marking procedure.

121 - 132 of 132 Posts