Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

Dreyse Model 1907 Pistols - Data Needed

43K views 133 replies 50 participants last post by  330GTC 
#1 ·
I'm now seriously researching Dreyse Model 1907 pistols and need data from members' pistols. Please email me directly at bayard1908@aol.com if you'd prefer not to post here.

The Dreyse 1907's were made in a number of interesting variations. Slide serration patterns were changed many times. Most of the pistols have vertical serrations which extend from the slide's surface. Later pistols have slanted serrations which extend from the slide's surface or conversely may be cut into the slide itself. Early pistols have still different slide serrations and also have different style grips. There were also changes in factory markings and frame profile. Many of these pistols also show police or unit markings. The Dreyse 1907 is a field begging for original research.

Still's Volume I estimates the range for Imperial proofed Dreyses to run from 113324 to 190775. I'd like to expand this range and have posted Imperial proofed #194652 below. I'd also like to know if strictly commercial pistols are intermixed within this range. In essence, I want to learn everything possible regarding the Dreyse Model 1907 pistols and need members' help to do so.

Dreyse194652R.jpg

See less See more
#27 ·
Have two "run of the mill Dreyse", 1- no imperial proof, ser. #89999, vertical serrations, un-numbered mag, grip screw through the center of the grips and an un-reinforced rear sight. 1- no imperial proof, ser no.222860, slanted serrations, RFV No.5105 marked (Reichs Finance Verwaltung), un-numbered mag, grip screw through the center of the grips and it has a reinforced rear sight. Maybe these will add to your data base.

Dave

#29 ·
I am concidering purchasing a 07 Dreyse from a internet site. It is a late model, having the angled cuts in the slide, and a centered grip screw. It is marked L.P.D Memel No175 above the grips, where my other police models are marked. Does anyone have any information about this marking, and possibly a estimated value?

#30 ·
My Dreyse 1907 came from a WWII vet who took it from a dead German in the town of Berdorf, Luxembourg just prior to Feb 9, 1945.

It is refinished I think, much of the left side rear slide data is almost polished off. It is a crown N proof. Serial is 194422. It has wooden grips, in light brown, I dont know if they were hand made by the soldier or not. Grip screw is about centered.

Interesting is that a War Department QMC Form 499 is attached by string through the trigger guard and it was never removed by the soldier when he got home. It is a customs form bring back kind of thing from the quarter masters. Tag has the matching serial number entered. He put it in the drawer and never looked at it until he sold it to me.

There is one clip with the gun, no ser #.
The holster is a nice light brown with a pull down keeper strap. The holster is not maker marked but has a large black #2 ink stamped on the inside flap.

Wish I knew more, I will try to get a digital if you need one.

Great post, keep it going!

Regards,

Keith

#31 ·
I forgot to mention this gun has vertical serations and has a reinforced rear sight. Hope this is clear

quote:Originally posted by onaway

My Dreyse 1907 came from a WWII vet who took it from a dead German in the town of Berdorf, Luxembourg just prior to Feb 9, 1945.

It is refinished I think, much of the left side rear slide data is almost polished off. It is a crown N proof. Serial is 194422. It has wooden grips, in light brown, I dont know if they were hand made by the soldier or not. Grip screw is about centered.

Interesting is that a War Department QMC Form 499 is attached by string through the trigger guard and it was never removed by the soldier when he got home. It is a customs form bring back kind of thing from the quarter masters. Tag has the matching serial number entered. He put it in the drawer and never looked at it until he sold it to me.

The holster is a nice light brown with a pull down keeper strap. The holster is not maker marked but has a large black #2 ink stamped on the inside flap.

Regards,

Keith

#34 ·
<<DREYSE 1907 7,65 216724 C/N VG CONDITION-RHEINMETALL
R.F.V. NO 3251 W/HOLSTER
DREYSE 1907 7,65 219976 C/N VG CONDITION-RHEINMETALL>>

These are the earliest Rheinmetall marked Dreyses I've heard of yet. Please advise on whether they have reinforced rear sights and the type of slide serrations.

<<DREYSE 1907 7,65 244024 99+%..NO MFG NAME...CROWN/N>>

I expect the above pistol has slanted slide serrations. Are these serrations cut into the slide, or, do they extend above the main surface of the slide? Thank you.

#35 ·
<<POLICE MARKED M07 SN 225766, frame left side: SÄCHS. GEND. No. 813; front grip: L.G. In the WTS Koblenz under inventory number 0008018.>>

Please advise on the following:

1. Reinforced rear sight or not?
2. Type of slide serrations?
3. Marked Rheinmetall or Rheinische?

Thank you.

#37 ·

I forgot to mention this gun has vertical serations and has a reinforced rear sight. Hope this is clear

Correction!!!

I was wrong about the sights, sorry for the confusion. This gun has standard rear sights, with vertical serrations on the slide. The right side slide is stamped " Dreyse Rheinische ..."

There is a crown N on the right slide, right right barrel, and right trigger guard, all in a vertical line. 10/30/03.

Keith

Regards,

Keith

#38 ·
Here finally are pics of my gun, I had to borrow a friends digital camera.

Ser #

Download Attachment: smudge.jpg
61.48KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-018f.jpg
44.48KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-019f.jpg
43.37KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-021f.jpg
36.54KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-025f.jpg
52.63KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-027f.jpg
58.31KB

Download Attachment: smudge2.jpg
64.01KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-005f.jpg
51.42KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-006f.jpg
46.53KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-008f.jpg
42.93KB

Download Attachment: Mvc-009f.jpg
40.61KB

#40 ·
I recently acquired s/n 241058 but it is not at home now. I will be able to inspect it again in December. The only interesting thing about it is it is marked to Stalag 9. The markings look typical of police unit marked pistols. I got it from a guy in Wisconsin who got it (claimed) from a local vet who (claimed he) picked it up at a "camp".

#44 ·
bayard, more data:

S/N 135981
Matching Magazine
Imperial Mark
Reinforced Rear Sight
Center Grip Screw
Proof Mark is C/N

Rheinmetallwaaren-& Maschinenfabrik
Ast. Sömmerda

Front Grip Strap Unit Mark: S.St. 204.

Let me know if you require any other data!!

#46 ·
Two more for your data base.

First,
Serial Number - 222305
Proof - C/N
Grasping Grooves - Slanted, grooves recessed into slide
Rear Sight - Reinforced version
Grip Screw - Middle of grips
Maker - "Rheinische"
Other - Marked "R.F.V. No.5001"

Second,
Serial Number - 246417
Proof - C/N
Grasping Grooves - Slanted, grooved section milled into a raised surface on slide
Rear Sight - Reinforced version
Grip Screw - Middle of grips
Maker - No marking except proofs and logo on grips "RMF"
Other - Marked "Germany"

Sorry no pictures....no camera!

#49 ·
#18094x imp "JR4 18.11/k16--jager induction station #4
#13898x imp
#18395x austrian marked Wn/eagle/17
#19378x " " Wn/eagle/15
note: dates on above two are correct.
#5288x marked 'STRBG POL PRA3. No 9'--Strassbourg police Dist3 #9 not imp marked--but obvious military pre WWi--Strassbourg is French after WWi.
#13143x comm austrian proofed NPv 1917
dg13

#50 ·
<<#19378x austrian marked Wn/eagle/15>>

This pistol is particularly interesting, especially since you confirmed the date. There has long been debate about what year production of these pistols ended. I've heard 1914, 1915, and 1918 among other years.

Are you able to post photos of this pistol? If a serial number this high had already been manufactured by 1915 or earlier, the history of these Dreyses may become significantly clearer. I hope to hear much more about your pistol.

#51 ·
Sorry I don't have a camera--but the pistol was sold anyway. The one dated in 1917 is more interesting to me because it was 1917. Thus proving they were mfged at least to that serial number by that date. I personally think that the Npv marked and dated is very close to the mfg date. They were bought 'off the press' by Steyr and sold to officers!. The Wn/eagle/1917 could have been a "donation by the public" and accepted by the common army because the need was great.
DG13

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.