Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
I heard of one selling for $8k, and two others in near mint condition being purchased of $12k each. Even though the latter are exceptionally high in price, it seems that the collector badly wanted them.

Cheers,
Albert

G

·
I heard of one selling for $8k, and two others in near mint condition being purchased of $12k each. Even though the latter are exceptionally high in price, it seems that the collector badly wanted them.

Cheers,
Albert

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
C. Brown
Over the last three years I know of excellent + rigs (gun, case, and some of the small accessories, usually not ammunition) selling for from $7,500 to $10,000. When the Luftwaffe drilling rig is compared to a Luger carbine: African big game killing power verses rabbit killing power, used by the Luftwaffe in Africa verses civilian, and numerous accessories including case etc.; the Luftwaffe drilling seems a bargin (in my opinion).
Jan

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
C. Brown
Over the last three years I know of excellent + rigs (gun, case, and some of the small accessories, usually not ammunition) selling for from $7,500 to $10,000. When the Luftwaffe drilling rig is compared to a Luger carbine: African big game killing power verses rabbit killing power, used by the Luftwaffe in Africa verses civilian, and numerous accessories including case etc.; the Luftwaffe drilling seems a bargin (in my opinion).
Jan

·
Banned
803 Posts
I was offered a beautiful outfit last year at $12,000 firm. Couldn't bring myself to reach in my pocket. Will mull on it a while, and when I do decide to buy it the price will undoubtedly be $14,000.

·
Banned
803 Posts
I was offered a beautiful outfit last year at $12,000 firm. Couldn't bring myself to reach in my pocket. Will mull on it a while, and when I do decide to buy it the price will undoubtedly be $14,000.

G

·
Hello Aaron,

The price of $12k for a beautiful Drilling outfit is a little steep unless it is near mint condition and contains all the accessories including the cleaning kit. It is also a bonus if the rig has the original manual and some ammunition. Sometimes we need to go the 'extra mile' depending on how bad we want it, but $8-$10k according to Jan is more in line with market values.

Good luck,
Albert

G

·
Hello Aaron,

The price of $12k for a beautiful Drilling outfit is a little steep unless it is near mint condition and contains all the accessories including the cleaning kit. It is also a bonus if the rig has the original manual and some ammunition. Sometimes we need to go the 'extra mile' depending on how bad we want it, but $8-$10k according to Jan is more in line with market values.

Good luck,
Albert

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
I guess that it all depends upon what is meant by complete ? The devil is in the details. If one is talking about a near mint rig , we are inferring that the outside of the carrier's or case paint is complete with no damages or scratches, the rig inside includes the manuel, cleaning rod and about all else , the boxes of shotgun shells and rifle cartridges , which are impossible to find and when/if discovered are very very dearly in price, then the price is in the eye of the beholder. At $12,000 , we are talking much more about the details than a case with a drilling inside no matter what the condition of the two items are. Of course, IMHO !!!

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
I guess that it all depends upon what is meant by complete ? The devil is in the details. If one is talking about a near mint rig , we are inferring that the outside of the carrier's or case paint is complete with no damages or scratches, the rig inside includes the manuel, cleaning rod and about all else , the boxes of shotgun shells and rifle cartridges , which are impossible to find and when/if discovered are very very dearly in price, then the price is in the eye of the beholder. At $12,000 , we are talking much more about the details than a case with a drilling inside no matter what the condition of the two items are. Of course, IMHO !!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
As some of you know I am in the HUNT for Luftwaffe marked shotguns and currently have an ad running in the THE GUN LIST in section #3581. I have been offered a JP Sauer Drilling dated Janurary '45, it is not Luft. marked but is Eagle/N marked. Anyone interested please contact me and I will give you the details. Also looking for serial numbers and date of manufacture on any Luftwaffe shotguns. Please contact Bob Cutler @ <wafidetz[email protected]com>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.