Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those more knowledge than myself in this category please lend a hand. How uncommon is it for a FN P.35(b) holster to have this dta 41 proof with a Waffenampt 195 on the upper right back section. Majority of holster I've seen are marked behind the tongue of the break-away portion. I got this holster as part of a complete rig when I purchased an early occupation tangent sight FN Browning High Power

Attachments

·
Registered
WWII firearms, holsters, insignia, badges, Japanese swords, and other militaria
549 Posts
You are correct. They are usually marked on the breakaway flap. However, sometimes they are marked on the back. This maker marked them on the back very early. The maker is A. Waldhausen, located in Koln. They produced high power holsters from 1941-1943. The "WaA 195" does not belong to this maker, nor any maker. It's the number for the waffenampt inspector that was assigned to this district.

This maker is often confused with another maker "dla", which was for Karl Barth, who also made high power holsters, and was located in Waldborhl (which is close to Koln), and also had WaA195 inspector proof. They made high power holsters in 1941, 1943-1944.

Your holster looks very nice. However, someone added those two rivets to the belt loop. (I'm guessing because the stitching came loose?). This of course, hurts value for collectors. Otherwise, a very nice holster! Great find! This would certainly fit with an early tangent sight high power.

Matt:cool:

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Matt & Peter

Thanks for the responses.
Matt very informative post including a lot of information I did not know before. Love to learn more from this community, I could see how dla might be mistaken for dta, especially sharing the same Waffenampt inspectors 195 proof.

It pains me a little but I think your right, I never noticed that the stitching along the bottom of the belt loop is absent, no wonder the rivets are there to be a substitute adherent. I don't know how I didn't notice that before!

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
Matt, please give me some information that 195 inspector does not belong on the Holster mfg. code dta. I am aware of 6 mfg. that do use his 195 code and one of those 6 is dta "Waldhausen A. in Köln"
Happy Hunting!
Peter

·
Registered
WWII firearms, holsters, insignia, badges, Japanese swords, and other militaria
549 Posts
Matt, please give me some information that 195 inspector does not belong on the Holster mfg. code dta. I am aware of 6 mfg. that do use his 195 code and one of those 6 is dta "Waldhausen A. in Köln"
Happy Hunting!
Peter
Peter,

The WaA195 proof is the number assigned to the Waffenampt inspector. This inspector works for the Oberkommando Des Heeres. WIthout going into too much boring stuff, the inspectors basically are there to accept the holster into military use. The inspectors do not work for the factory. So, the number does not "belong" the maker of the holster. (or any other item for that matter) It is assigned to the inspector that the Heeres Waffenampt assigned to cover the district or region that this particular maker was located in.
That is why you see many makers who are located in the same town, or district will have the same WaA proof. Some inspectors were moved around during the war years. This is why you sometimes see different proof marks on a holster made by the same maker.
Hope this explains it better? If you still don't understand, let me know and I'll provide some photos to help out.

Matt:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
Matt, thank you for your reply I understood that his WaA195 stamp and he applied to the Holster did not belong on this Holster. Yes I am aware that Inspectors were not employees of the mfg. I obviously did miss-read your post.
Happy Hunting!
Peter
"WaA 195" does not belong to this maker, nor any maker" You done it all correct I just skip over what I read.😢

Reactions: MP41
1 - 7 of 7 Posts