Jan C. Still Lugerforums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fellow Collectors,

Dutch collector and researcher Marck Slootweg is working on a publication about Dutch contract FN pistols. For that purpose he is looking for as much data on these pistols as possible.

Since most of them eventually ended up across the big pond, I offered to post it here and on the other forum as well.

You can either report in this thread directly or by PM if you don't want your pistol data exposed.

The requested data:

Type / Model: 10 / 22 / 115 / 120 / 125
Calibre: 7.65 (.32 ACP) or 9mmK (.380 ACP)
Crown on slide: Crown J (Juliana) or Crown W (Wilhelmina)
Serial number on slide (this may include a production date/year)
Serial number on frame / front grip strap

Model designations:
M22: 8-round FN Browning model 22 in .380 ACP.
M10: 6-round FN Browning model 10 .

In 1976 the M10 was reworked into the models 110 and 115, and some modifications to the M22 were made:

M110: M10 with improved rear sight.
M115: like the M110, but with wider trigger, thumb rest on left grip, easier grip safety and an ejector with red stripe.

M120: like an M22, but with smaller closing ring
M125: M120 with adjustable sight.

FN Model M110, M115, M120, M125 shown below.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Fellow Collectors,

Dutch collector and researcher Marck Slootweg is working on a publication about Dutch contract FN pistols. For that purpose he is looking for as much data on these pistols as possible.

Since most of them eventually ended up across the big pond, I offered to post it here and on the other forum as well.

You can either report in this thread directly or by PM if you don't want your pistol data exposed.

The requested data:

Type / Model: 10 / 22 / 115 / 120 / 125
Calibre: 7.65 (.32 ACP) or 9mmK (.380 ACP)
Crown on slide: Crown J (Juliana) or Crown W (Wilhelmina)
Serial number on slide (this may include a production date/year)
Serial number on frame
What are models 115, 120, or 125 ?

·
Super Moderator
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Charlie, some additional info added that will hopefull clarify things a bit.
I'm not an FN expert, so this is new grounds for me :)

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
The only thing I have then is a Md 1922 in 9mmk but it is WaA613 marked, no crest.

I have four 9x19 FN pistols that are Dutch marked, but they are post war.

I have three pages (titled ETAT RECAPITULATIF ) which are handwritten and give the number of Pistolets (6,35 - baby 6,35 PG.P - 19190 (7,65 & 9) - 1910-22 (7,65 & 9) produced by FN from 1946 to 1971. But that is post war and does not mention any contracts. (These pages are photocopies of pages of FN ledgers and were obtained by a gentleman up north of me who went to FN to do research.)

Sorry that I cannot be of more help.

·
Super Moderator
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pre-war or post-war is not an issue. He is interested in both pre- and postwar FN pistols mentioned above.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,757 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I have two of the Dutch contract pistols:

PISTOL Dutch m/25 (FN 1922) Cal .380
Top of slide marked "W-Crown".
Serial number 38825 all matching numbers except for the magazine, which is numbered 39765.
The lanyard loop has been cut off.

PISTOL Belgian FN 1910/22, caliber 9mmK (.380ACP)
Serial #71797 all matching numbers. (Dutch contract number system)
WWII German designation: Pistole 641(b) Assembled in summer of 1940, right after the German occupation of the FN factory.
Former Dutch contract pistol that was on the shop floor and was completed, finished, final assembled, and accepted under German occupation and supervision.
Full Liege proofs on barrel, slide and frame.
No Dutch acceptance stamp as is proper for this gun.
No “W” crest on the slide.
Lanyard staple present on the left butt frame.
Single WWII German Waffenamt WaA613 on the forward left trigger guard web.

Regards, Ned

·
Copper Bullet member
1,757 Posts
2 more

I found those two on ggrelics.com :

FN BROWNING M 1922 DUTCH, 9 m/m Kurz..#2259..Matching number mag, possibly police issue..Dutch Crest "Crown W" on top of slide..proofed
"FN" High polish blue 96-97%..next to mint bore..exc.+.."FN" plastic grips..squeeze grip..very collectable $ 975.

FN BROWNING M 1922 DUTCH, 9 m/m Kurz..#7028..Dutch Crest "Crown W" on top of slide..standard "FN" legend on left slide.."FN" marked
Grips..high polish blue 96-97%..exc. bore & grips..proper mag..Scarce variation $ 725.

Bruno

·
Super Moderator
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great work! Keep them coming! :)

·
Copper Bullet member
1,757 Posts
quoting a few more

Found here and there on google:

1) FN 1922 Dutch Contract Pistol and Holster 90% Maker: FN Model: 1922 SN 57157, bright, excellent bore in this Dutch military 9mm (.380) caliber. This pistol bears the Queen Wilhelmina stamp on the slide. This pistol retains 90% plus original blue and is all matching including the magazine.

2) FN Browning Model 1922 Dutch Contract. About 95%, grips intact. Crown over W on top of slide and rear of frame. The SN#34272 is in all the right places.

3) FN 1922 Model. Made for the Dutch Army on contract (Pistool M25 No 2) with Queen Wilhelmina crest, serial 12751, 9 m/m short (.380 acp), crown/S Army inspected, horn grips. All serial numbers on pistol are matching as well as one clip.

4) FN Belgian made Dutch contract Model 1922 .380 BROWNING PISTOL. This one is only serial number 3364 and was probably in the very first delivery. The pistol is clearly marked with "Crown over W" (Dutch Queen Wilhelmina) Crest on top on slide.

Bruno

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
From France and awajous :

Sorry for this browning 10/22 in 380 acp
Just for data base

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have one FN 1922 in my possession and if you can give mi some info about it.
Serial no. is BZ 2270
On the top is Crown-J
On the left side have Lion PV and *E ( E is horizontal)
On the back R under Crown
Caliber is 7,65mm
Thanks
N

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Post WWII Dutch military contract, crest of Queen Juiliana {who recently died at age 94}. Crown -J is her national proofmark, the rest are standard Belgian proofs.
Mike

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Here's more Dutch contract data:
I just picked up this Dutch contract, German assembled FN 1922, WaA613.
It's a bit later than my single WaA613, and there are quite a few changes between the two guns.
My earlier single Waff'd one is number 71797.

The differences, late #74462 versus early #71797:
-German test eagle on the barrel instead of Liege proofs
-The barrel serial number is the standard German style, visible through the ejection port instead on the back side of the chamber.
-Frame not made for the lanyard loop versus the loop still present.
-Plastic grips instead of horn.
-Multiple WaA613's on the frame and slide instead of just one on the trigger guard.
-Barrel is not stamped with the 9mm, but is still chambered for the 9mm cartridge.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a M10 in 7.65X17mm. On the right side of the slide it reads " 1938 .D.v.F. No 1457 ". Below this on the right side of the frame is the serial number 1457. On the left side of the slide it reads " FABRIQUE NATIONALE D'ARMES de GUERRE HERSTAL BELGIQUE BROWNING'S PATENT DEPOSE " under this there are the three Belgian proof marks. On the back of the frame there is a small crown with a letter under it but I can not make it out. On the barrel there are three Belgian proof marks, 1457 then " cal 7m/m 65 ". all the numbers are matching except for the magazine. the number on the magazine is 1462. The finish is amost gone but it original and the lanyard ring is missing. The sad part is the last owner has use a etching pencil and put an ID number on the slide and frame. Here's my post with pictures. http://luger.gunboards.com/showthread.php?32274-Dutch-contract-fn-1910 I hope this helps you.

Mid-age

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I just acquired the following Dutch m/25:
Serial 46504, all matching numbers. (magazine is numbered 20532)
"W" on the top of the slide.
The Dutch inspectors mark on the rear of the receiver is "crown/w"
Calibre 9mm (.380ACP)
Regards, Ned

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi,
Recently acquired another Dutch Crown W crested model 1922, serial number 19159 for your data gathering. This one is a pretty standard FN 1922 with the standard Crown W crest, but it also has a rampant lion stamped into the slide on the left side to the rear of the serrations. This is the second time I've seen this mark and both times on a Dutch Crown W marked FN 1922, but this is the first time I was given the opportunity to purchase one. Any idea the significance of the rampant lion? Thanks Kevin

19159 Rampant Lion Cropped.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

Here's mine...

Model = M22
Caliber = 9m/m (.380 ACP)
Crown = W
Frame, slide and slide extension are all numbered 25811
Magazine is numbered 53827
Lanyard loop and ring are intact.

I'm not sure when it was made. What's the status of the publication he's working on? Will it be available in the US?

Thanks,
...Bill

1 - 20 of 23 Posts